Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Community,   I am wondering if there is a document that contains a fact about how long it takes Cisco switches and routers to boot up and/or restart.   Particularly, I am interested in the Cisco 3750, 3850, 2900, 3900, 4400 and 6500 series.   T...

foohard by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, my first online discussion hope you guys will help me. Thank you so much.I am doing a project that requires the IoT application and I want to do the automatic smoke detector. I already set up anything but at last, I can not access the IoT Moni...

Untitled.png

Hi Experts, I have a challenge where i would like some suggestions and inputs to help me design this right with security in mind.     I have two microwave connections landing on switchs with two separate cables (Gi 0/0 and Gi0/1) configured as Trunk...

image.png
Sreenath by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ....I have a Cisco switch 2960 24-port with 20 camera connected itSometimes camera images are displayed in black. (in NVR)While the Ping connection is in placeWhat causes this problem?There is a way to see the drop packets? (without using monitori...

Mahdi.ka by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco docs a bit confusing and just looking for some clarification. If I want to create a vlan Access-map to only allow subnet hosts 10.10.10.0 /24 and drop everything else on vlan 10, would I do the following configs (see 2nd sequence) or is the bes...

Hi all,I've got a problem with some sfps which status are "GigabitEthernet is down, line protocol is down (notconnect)"I've got the impression that this is a problem with the hardware (either the sfps or the fibers between them) since configuration w...

fsm by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I have a quick question regarding switch stack uplinks. A customer has a stack of 8 x Cisco Catalyst 9300 switches but only two of the switches have 10GbE uplink modules installed which are currently  n switches 1 and 2 (which are also config...

dm2020 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! GLBP AVF Priority

Hello   In the below debug output what is priority 135 & 167, why and How they used in GLBP AVF election. What I know is weighting used in the election of GLBP AVF. ( in my case all devices having default weight)    But I couldn't understand clearly...

LRM_EXPORT_34300065006998_20190105_173619034.jpeg
sivam siva by Level 3
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   As i know we can do port mirroring in Cisco switches by following monitor session 1 destination int g1/0/1 monitor session 1 source port g1/0/2 or source vlan 350 Can anyone tell me how i can use Vlan ACL in this scenario??    

Noovi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Kindly i face a porblem that all switch's ports are down dwon (status and protocol) .. triing to write shutdown then no shutdown but this is what i have got, so there is any solution for this problem..? Thanks, 

log.PNG
@kamal by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Switch default ACL

Dear All, I would like to ask about ACL for switch in default configuration. When i see "sh ip access-list" in cisco switch,it show below output.   Extended IP access list CISCO-CWA-URL-REDIRECT-ACL 100 deny udp any any eq domain 101 deny tcp any any...

MrBeginner by Spotlight
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card