Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear All, This is my Network Diagram. When i am trying to ping from my CISCO 4331 Router to another vlan I am unable to ping. I am putting following command. CISCO-4331-ROUTER#ping 192.168.16.1 source 192.168.15.250 or  CISCO-4331-ROUTER#ping 192.168...

Network MAP.jpg

Ok, I made a post on reddit but after some discussion I was concerned about port buffers so I figured this was the place to ask. I am trying to create a fault tollerant 10GB connection to my VMWare server/SAN for as cheap as possible. I have done abo...

NickW by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi cisco experts! So i'm a 4-months-old-Network Engineer which has a responsibility to troubleshoot end user's pc and cisco ip phone. Those devices connected to our access switch. I have 2 questions :  1. How to see wich switch interface that associa...

satyaz by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, So for an office that is running Nutanix (1 node and 2 node offices, depends on size) why would I use Nexus say 3k over a Catalyst 9000 series. I am not even considering Nexus 9k for these offices, these are not Data Centers, just larger offi...

Receiver joins FF0E::1 group R5 (RP) has the following: RP#show ipv6 mroute | b 5:5:5:5(*, FF0E::1), 11:04:45/00:02:50, RP 2005::5:5:5:5, flags: S  Incoming interface: Tunnel2  RPF nbr: 2005::5:5:5:5  Immediate Outgoing interface list:    Ethernet0/...

IPv6 Mroute.JPG
gongya001 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,    I need to convert an access port which was originally configured as vlan 1 to a trunk port. What would be the best way to convert port from an access-port to a trunk port without causing any traffic disruptions?    Best, ~zK 

zekebashi by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We've recently upgraded our 2960X switches to 15.2(6)E1 and now I have noticed that we can no longer session between switches in a stack.  The command (switch1#session <1-8> switch number) used work up until we we upgraded from 15.2(4).  Does anyone ...

bkhipps by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can I connect two servers with Dual 10Gbps NICs to the 10G ports on the switch and set up lacp for both using a src-dst-port (Load distribution on the source XOR destination TCP/UDP port) algorithm. At the end each server should be able to communica...

josepr by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

DHCP not working for Vlans. See config Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks   SL-Core-SW#show runBuilding configuration... Current configuration : 3971 bytes!version 12.2no service padservice timestamps debug uptimeservice timestamps log uptimeno se...