Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am finding it difficult understanding this term found in a book and considered as a drawback for Layer 3 switches in the access layer - Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide."A VLAN on one Layer 3 access device ...

nuggetinu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok so I have to design a subnetting scheme for different locations with different hosts. Tampa needs 10 hosts, Atlanta Has 100 hosts and Boston has 53 hosts. The IP is 172.16.1.0 with a prefix of /24 My prefix's so far are. I am not sure if these pre...

MisterZT by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys, I'd like to configure IPS signature to my router. with initially set my interface s0/0/0 as "ip ips iosipsin" but then the result is  %IPS *******************************************************************%IPS The signature package is missi...

Hi everyone   I have a problem about switch's version.That's below: there are three version about switch: Everest-16.6 Denali-16.3 3 Whether there are some different about them?  

Hi every bodyCan we use key chain with ospf for md5 authenticatin?My book shows an example of using key chain with eigrp for md5 autentication. I am just wondering if the same is possible for ospf.thanks

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I will try to connect two WS-C3650-24TS switches with GLC-GE-100FX SFP modules. Link is up. Packet is outcome from one interface, but do not come to another interface. Test with ping. The settings on both switches are the same.   Switch Ports Model  ...

dmtt by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Afternoon,   I have a question regarding just a basic understanding of Cisco Images and licenses - I know that a device will need to have an image which needs to be pre loaded onto the device before it can start working in the correct manner.   ...

cknox1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm facing a issue in lacp with nexus 9000v and vIOSLACP doesn't work at all.What I observe is that Nexus use destination mac address 00:01:02:03:04:05 for LACP packet.On the RFC, this should be 01:80:c2:00:00:02 ( and that's the address used by ...

Hello, I was wondering, if it is considered at any time soon or at some point in future to introduce DNS-based routing on Cisco Routers/ASAs? Instead of using a destination's IP Address, is it possible to use its DNS entry on a static route? [Similar...

Netmart by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes