Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, Are there any restrictions when connecting to the 3850 StackWise with a trunk from a 4948? In other words, does the trunk coming from the 4948 need to trunk to a port on the Master switch of the stack? When I ping over that trunk link I drop 6...

Greetings, I have 2 sg300-10pp switches that i want to know if i can have them communicate with one another. How can i do this? 1st switch is 10.10.5.12ns switch is 10.10.6.1 how can i confiure them so they can communicate?

imagetoon by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 5 - C2960X-48FPS-L switches recently installed and we are seeing random network link drops thoughout the network on a daily basis. Sometimes it's the same port, sometimes it's a port that has never bounced before. We are seeing this across all...

m-spencer by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I have cisco router 881 (4 LAN ports) and 1 WAN port, i setup internet connection by assign IP fom ISP to WAN port (/30), also i have 4 usable IP range , HOW can i use these 4 ips to devices (i need use one ip to device and second IP to anot...

Hello,Getting ready to deploy radius centralized authentication and authorization model to current DC network which now is based on local auth. I've some thoughts how to enable ir safely and not end into lockout situation. For example on different IO...

from88 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Community, I have a SUP 6-E in a 4510R chassis. I noticed that the active sup came up fine but the standby was showing Disabled in the show redundancy states output. I plugged in my console cable and lo and behold the standby sup was in ROMMON. I tri...

Craddockc by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have set up Cisco switches previously via the hyperterminal and been able to get them configured and operating, but I have limited knowledge of the tools and processes. I have a 2960-S with 48 ports and 4 SFP modules.I have good feedback on the 48 ...

rdrwalton by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have noticed that when trying to install a ios-xe on the new switches , at the end of the "software install file flash:X rollback X" there is a set of rollback commands , seems like a safety feature incase of a os install failure but i cant underst...

baselzind by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have a 6800 switch and it has mgmt 0 interface. I want to disable line vty completely (telnet and ssh both) and just want to allow access via this int. mgmt 0.can someone tell what config needs to be done for this on 6800 ? thanks