Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've inheirited a network of some 50 older cisco switches which are being upgraded to 9300/9200 units. VTP was never configured on this network. When I replaced the old core switch with a new 9300 stack vtp showed as being in server mode. I don't rem...

IanMurphy by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts,I want to know How packet flows from source to destination? When I open google.com what will happen.. Where did the first request go? I want to know in detail.How switch forwards the packets to the upper layers?         

ankitohc by Spotlight
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone,I am having a problem with a PH5 Switch that I hope someone here can help me with. When I try to connect to the switch from a client PC, the ping is unstable. However, the switch seems to be working fine, and the traffic is normal.Inte...

Topology.png
MGamal by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,we have 2 Cat9500-32C in Stackwise Virtual mode. I don't know exactly what it triggers, but whlie removing and inserting transceivers, the switch disables all ports on one chassis.Both switches are still "visible" and in redundancy mode sso but...

rwesel by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to disable the call-home service on my switches. How can this be done? - I have trying to make it disable by service but this is not working, I still have the call-home enable.  I run switches: IE-3200-8T2S

jesperb87 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Cisco Community,Actually, at work, I have a stack with 7 Netgear M4300-52G-POE+ switches in the main network bay.All the wall sockets are connected to theses switches.For one desktop who only have one wall socket (WS) for him, there was a netge...

tgrevin by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a Nexus 3064 where is connect a L2 protected.When I have a fiber cut, provider switch automatically to backup line withouth problem. When master is going up, they cant switch to the master because flap of Nexus port is <50ms.They tell me t...

santox by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Friends I'm touching base on behalf of a client of mine who has a quantity of two 9200L 48 ports switches. However and unfortanetly did not purchase any stacking modules and no stacking cables. It seems like there are two possible scenarios and...