Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, is there an OID which I can use to check the state of the router? For example recently I found that some fans in fan module stopped. The status LED on the module turned into red and the Crit and MAJ LEDs on chassis turned to RED too. I can probab...

Dear sir, In our compass we using Cisco switch 3560 X 48 port switch. now we facing problem like. Automatically some switch port not working. After switch restart or port restart (hard or soft reboot), port will be work for some days again same prob...

I've successfully created route-maps, access-lists etc. that apply to traffic arriving on the switch.  However traffic sourced from the switch (ie management traffic) does not seem to obey the policy that is configured on the vlan interface. On catal...

hi, Pls help..  I have created 2 login password. But i forget my 1 login password. How can i see that hide password.  eg: username Prakash privilege 15 secret 5 $1$4ZUc$aSKhlnuncChdhi7H2lCnj.username Cisco privilege 15 secret 5 $1$4ZUc$aSKhlnuncChdh...

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to remove the requirement of the http server to have a password? "no ip http authentication" only removes the authentication method, but accessing the switch via http still requires a username/password. The hardw...

Dears, I have two cisco switch (sg500) model I have connected this two switch in different department and i  have connected it through SPF single module Optical fiber. Its communicating but after 30 packet its showing "destination host unreachable" A...

Hello, I'm kinda new in VLAN and setup my own lab via packet tracer. I'm trying to aggregate the two trunk connection that I setup but can't seem to make it work. What am I possible missing? How can I do it correctly?

daredavel by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have this setup with a hybrid of equipment's from Cisco and Ubiquiti Edge routers and Vyos. My Cisco Nexus configured with HSRP with all the SVI's on 192.168.1.243 as the active on HSRP and SVI's all on area 0.0.0.0 with SVI interfaces on 192.168.1...

utawakevou by Level 4
  • 27 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.  I'm having a doubt to configure in a Cisco 2800. The problem here is that there is a VLAN with I have to route between to network. The VLAN-id is 317. Let see a simple solution which I found in the internet.  Router#configure terminalRouter...

Hi, I just set up SNMP with the following commands to talk to an snmp server, which one of our programmers is setting up for me.  I need to know if these are right, and if so, do we need to do anything at the other end in particular.  Right now, he ...

Hello All, I'm looking for a solution. I have a 4331 ISR that is currently in production and working fine. Though I have some very specific pings that fail and I'm trying to figure out why as it is making it difficult to troubleshoot other things. I...

hayesa by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We just installed a Cisco 4431 router in our Jackson location which is at 6300' altitude.  I am wondering why the fan speeds are running close to 18,000 rpm.  The inlet temperature is 27 and 31 Celsius for the Inlet 1 and Inlet 2.  Shouldn't they slo...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card