Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a question regarding SPAN. My main focus is to detect spams and viruses on the Employee VLAN.(We have server,student,guest and print VLANs too) using an IDS. Would that traffic be detectable with my SPAN config which mirrors out/in traffic fro...

mateens by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Members, I have two cisco 2960 switches. ports fa0/1 and fas0/2 of both are interconnected and ether channel is configured. I want to mirror the traffic in ports 3 and 5 of Switch1 and port 3 in Switch 2 to the destination port fas0/6 of SW2 as...

hemadri37 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, Based on the diagram attached that i have designed, i am experiencing very slow connection to the internet. i don't know why, i might be that something is wrong on this topology. could someone suggest what would be.  by the way the internet ...

Hello, I have an 8 port 2960-CG switch. I notice that when I load it up in my SNMP monitoring tool (PRTG) that the temperature readouts are in 3 bands i.e. 'nomal', 'warning' and 'critical'. With all my other Cisco switches I get actual degree values...

I have a CAT3850. Configured management port with internal LAN routable IP (so that i can access it from outside lab but still on intranet). Switch is reachable from outside the lab, but when pinged from switch itself, ping doesn't work. However, I a...

yogpatil by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone, Ive searched for answers for this and from the tutorials I read etc I couldn't find anything wrong with what I was doing. I have a switch which I use just when I need one for something. Today i want to configure a little 3G / wifi rout...

So we put in some new switches recently, 2x4500 and 4xNexus3048s.  This came up originally because when I tried to configure the switches to use our Radius server for authentication.  They would not authenticate, so I ran wireshark on my Radius serve...

Hello I have a problem with the WS-C3850-24T.I'm throwing this error, in the log: Is this problem due to the source of power? And to make sure I tried with this command - show environment power IS POWER SOURCE FAILED? Please appreciate your wis...

kikeabcd2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes