Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Is it possible to use a question mark in the MOTD? On my 3745, the IOS thinks I want help when trying to end my MOTD with a question mark: R1#conf tEnter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.R1(config)#banner motd 'Using a question ...

I am attempting to configure broadcasting from network segment to another.  This has been working in the past but since we upgrade some technology (from unix to Windows platforms) it is not working. Essentially I want UDP traffic on port 3000 which o...

Resolved! Nexus VDC

Can anyone help me how to connect 2 VDC in same nexus ? Does it requires any physical connectivity or it can like VRF-Leaking ? Would appreciate if anyone can share the study link also.

Hello guys! Hows everybody doing?!  TL;DR: 'l2protocol-tunnel stp' command was preventing a LACP port-channel to come back up. And I don't know why! Today I faced a problem and apparently found the solution, but I can't understand the fix.  We are ...

We need best model for distribution switch along with SFP module name for the following Minimum 24 X 1 SFP Gigabit Ethernet with 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet port We have to match our existing switch WS-X45-SUP6-E Catalyst 4500 E-Series Sup 6-E, 2x10GE...

Hello, I need to ensure that a banner displays when a user logs in using either SSH v1 or v2. In order to do this, do I need to create both a 'banner motd' and also a 'banner login', so I have two banners in my config ? I ask this because with a ban...

Doing some packet sniffing at the moment. I noticed that SSH/Telnet packets that are returning from Cisco Catalyst 3750 switches and Cisco 2800 routers are being marked with CS6. I was aware about Control Plane protocols that mark traffic with CS6/CS...

If you run EIGRP, how do you make sure your voice traffic stays on the voice vlan if it needs routed? Router A: f0/1.10 Data van 10.1.10.0/24f0/1.20 Voice vlan 17.31.20.0/24 f1/1.100 192.168.1.1/29   >>>> connects to other router 192.168.1.2/29f1.1.2...

louis0001 by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 4500 switch connected to a 2960 via a 1GB connection.  I want to setup port aggregation so that I can increase my bandwidth to 2GB.  When I connect the second connection, I only get a link light on the 4500 side.  If I do a show spanning-tre...

tgillon by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes