Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello every one , I encountered a very odd syslog from 3750 switch as below.any idear for this ? *Mar 13 19:57:30 CST: %DHCP_SNOOPING-3-DHCP_SNOOPING_INTERNAL_ERROR: DHCP Snooping internal error, failed to lock semaphore to age out snooping binding e...

DuJin0509 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, We have two WS-C6509s and they are connected to saperate servers. We have noticed that several ports are reporting output drops even the traffic rate is very low. module WS-X6748-GE-TX is in the chassis. the interfaces are configured as below...

Hi, I have attached a photo can you please have a look and let me know what configuration we can do for inbound traffic in ospf ans bgp

Hi All , At my customer place I need to replace existing access switch ie cisco 4507R (End of life switch) with cisco 4948E switch. DBL is enabled on 4507R and below is the QoS part of cisco 4507 R switch (bootflash:cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-31.SGA9.bi...

I have 3750 switches to be replaced by 4948E switches. There are few commands that are on 3750 but not being accepted on 4948E. Following are those commands : snmp-server enable traps license privilege exec level 15 ppp privilege exec level 15 slip  ...

Hi, Have this setup: Core                 Dist 4500X  <===> 3850 Trunking between the 2. Vlan in Database Vlan allowed accros trunk SVI created Physical interface comes up Vlan is in active state SVI stays down. Any funnies wrg to 3850 and SVI's? ...

dmay2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I understand to connect a layer 2 switch with 3 vlans for example (vlan 1-3) to a router, we need to create 3 sub-interfaces on the router port so that we can do inter-vlan routing. If I connect it with a layer 3 switch with 3 SVI and convert o...

gatecrash by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, To begin with, I am learning Cisco networking so apologies if this is a stupid question. I have a following setup. Now I have configured OSPF on Routers R1, R2 and R3 and I see the OSPF seems to have done its work just fine, have a look:...

Hello I have been using the C4507R+E with WS-X45-SUP8-E supervisor. I tried to configure the SSH for remote connect. but i couldn't complete that. it seems to be doesn't support any SSH command on this OS version. cat4500es8-universal.SPA.03.07.02.E...

I have two 5505's with one Sup. III module each. I can't get either 5505 to communicate via the console port at all. The PC shows the Com port is connnected, but no matter what, I get no communication with the switches. Is there something different a...

anarchyx67 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi, most of the examples I saw regarding RADIUS configuration whether from Internet or books, are illustrated with VTY Telnet.  I am confused a bit here, is this the scope of RADIUS with Cisco IOS? I was thinking about a scenario of Host-1---------...

Hi all, we have upgraded our core switch from cat3560x to cat 4506e with SUP 7 and i am going to be crazy from private vlans. :( Can anyone helps me with som default port config fou my 4 scenarios? Before i have used simple protected port on acces an...