Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Team, I was working in medium level company as a administrator,my manger asked me to track some extinctions switch off and switch on count,Because people will unplug the LAN cable when ever they go outside,can I track that and make any count or is...

Let me preface my post by saying that I am extremely new at configuring and working on Cisco switches, so I may not be using the correct phrasing or terms to describe my problem.  We were sort of left high and dry by the company that set our network ...

terryit31 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, I have a Cisco 4500  Version 03.03.01.XO like this: Power consumed by backplane : 40 WattsMod Ports Card Type                              Model              Serial No.---+-----+--------------------------------------+------------------+--...

ifabrizio by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,  Why is it not recommended to omit the access layer and plug users directly into the aggregation switches? I know we can do that with the collapsed core design where we merge both the aggregation and the core layer together. My company is l...

NETAD by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I'm looking to enable jumbo frame support on a 3750X for some 3PAR iSCSI storage. All switches in the stack are IPBASE. From what I have read, after entering "system mtu jumbo 9000" I have to reload the switch. I have four questions: 1. Must I...

Hello Team, I am new to submitting questions here but I hope I reached the correct place.  I am working on a design where  traffic needs to remain separate (VRF) but each subnet(s) (from a wired infrastructure) needs to traverse a private wireless ne...

Hi all I have a doubt on how the routers select the HOP in trace route ?? Is it based on packet leaving interface, incoming interface or highest IP ?? If you have any related documet to follow, please share that as well

I installed over the weekend 3 * 2960x stacks using Stack-Plus kits, the 3 stacks are 4, 3 and 2 switches. What I've found when I did sh switch stack-ring speed on all 3 stacks is that the stack ring is only running at 20G, I thought that it was the ...

jonhill by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes