Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, I need community feedback about carving a virtual router instance out of Cat4507r+e Sup7-e.  Let me explain. I have a pair of said Cat4507 running as distribution switches. I need to add two new routers to terminate MPLS VPN connection. Curre...

Eli Kagan by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Friends I have multi L3 switches in my network and i would like to perform intervlan routing on these switches only. I understand well how to perform this using one switch solely as gateway and other switches as L2 and perform routing  but my co...

Hi all I have a 3850 that I have configured to be the director for smart install. It is also the TFTP and DHCP server. I plugged in a client C2960 switch and watched it receive the upgrade code and basic configuration template. Worked very nicely! H...

reillyp01 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, we have 4 Cisco 3650-48PD switches in a stack and I've been tasked with upgrading the IOS on them over the weekend. What is the best way to go about this on switches in a stack? Do I have to copy the .bin file to each stacked switch or do I on...

cminner88 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Experts, I have one doubt & need your support. If I have a network connection as shown below: PC-------SW#1------R1-----SW2-------Server PC:10.1.1.1/8 ; S:11.1.1.1/8 and PC wanna ping server then how will be the PING steps followed(behind the sc...

Hi! Can anyone tell me if the CNA needs the IOS tar archive or does it also run with bin image? I can't test it yet, therefore I have to ask. Thanks!

Hi, i have scenario with two 4500 - core, with vss configuration. though it will be one core " logically ", but can i have dhcp on both with same pool  ? in case if one of them or VSL went down for any reason! R, AM

ahmad1982 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.  I just want to know how to configure SHA256 of enable password on 6509/4500. and which IOS version supports it?? I tried to find out but i couldn't . Sorry for this easy question. : ( My 4500 is running with 15.2(Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch  Soft...

CATYO by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes