Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi There,I am confused regarding VRF communication between two devices to maintain multi tenant environment, for example we have edge router which is making VPN's with different customers and further it used VRF to isolate customers traffic from each...

I have a (non-cisco) device which requires a separate vlan for every downstream port, and thus multiple vlans upstream.  I'd like to find a way to bridge these vlans either at the switch or router level, so as to connect them to a single logical inte...

netopia by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Acquired a 3875 Router with a NME-16ES-1G-P switching service module recently.  I don't know what the passwords are.  I reset the router, and gained access to it, but how do I reset the password on the service module?  Any assistance would be appreci...

When I tried to telnet from a ASR router, it showed as the following:router#telnet w.x.y.z% Out of local portsThe ASR router is able to telnet in the past, but it failed since a reboot recently.Any suggestion to solve this problem? 

c1szhibin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI'm new to the Cisco world, and my current concern it the clock settings.I'm able to modify configuration by setting user for examples, changing the clock manually. However, once the switch lose power (Test), It restart however the only setting ...

mhail1987 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, When i am creating any vlan id it is having drop in end to end connectivity. After changing the vlan id the problem resolved. I have talked to the media team the said that for both vlans the path is same. Does the vlan id can create problem.Fo...

Good morning I would like to know if anyone knows when is the end of life and support of the Industrial Switches 2000 and 3000. Stay pending of an answer, thanks a lot.

I want to SSH into a Cisco 1841 router and depending on the suffix added to the SSH (i.e ssh myrouter.myroute.com 2002), would like it to forward this request to a terminal server.Can this be done?  If so, how does one accomplish this?  I have done s...

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I will be creating a Voice VLAN this week. We had some problems with a multicast storm that our older VOIP phones couldn't handle that prompted this. The phones don't support LLDP so I will be using the Telephony OUI feature of the switch. It ...

I'm having a problem with clientes (pc and APs) getting their ip address from a dhcp server (windows 2008) running in a virtual machine.The vsphere was done by a vmware team and I just had to work with they did in the past.The attached picture shows ...

I am confused when attempting to figure total heat dissipation (BTU) information for telecommunications rooms / data centers, when looking at the 4500-E and 6500-E series switches. Normally Cisco documentation will provide BTU information for the pow...