Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,I'm currently designing vPC for a Nexus 9396PX deployment and I want to know if need to configure a separate parallel trunk link for L3 peering and non-vPC VLAN traffic.I have read a number of design guides and articles that recommend configur...

de1denta by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have taken over management of a small network with a Nexus 7010 as the core router and I am new to the NX-OS world. I am trying to add an allowed vlan onto an interface but when I go into the interface to add a "switchport trunk allowed vlan" I don...

I have a Nexus 9K running that will not display the CDP information it receives from other Cisco devices properly.  All of the devices end up showing up like below.1. The IP address is wrong.  That is not the real IP address or even one in this netwo...

Hi all, I have not studied into STP yet. But in packet tracer, this is what I observed- Switch 1 (fa0/1) -- trunk -- (fa0/1) Switch 2- Created VTP and set both switches in the same domain, password and server mode.------------ On switch 1, i created ...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,I have Cisco 3650 switch which configured as stack ,after uploading new IOS to the flash ,I issue the following commandsoftware install file flash:cat3k_caa-universalk9.SPA.03.06.02a.E.152-2a.E2.bin on-reboot But I recieve the following errors : ...

I'm trying to upgrade the IOS of a 2800 router.I followed the steps described here:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a00801fc986.shtml#step1but my problem is that when I ask to copy the new file, I can't eras...

jnegreira by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, Default VLAN as it is , is the defaulted VLAN in every switch setup which is 1.Native VLAN is the VLAN that frames will not be tagged when transverse through a trunk link, and by default , it is 1  as well. Assuming now i have a point to poin...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 26 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, can someone please help with a small issue i have with licensing a N5K-C5548-UP-FA, I need to install N55-LAN1K9 but when i looked into it sayshttps://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/licensing/guide/b_Cisco_NX-OS_Li...

billybong by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,My company has recently bought a VS-S720-10G-3C to replace with old sup720-3b, we have a 6509-E with two "WS-X6704-10GE (WS-F6700-CFC)" on slots 1&2. When I power the unit on, the new supervisor comes up and working, but the 10G modules go to ...

I have a strange issueCore (WS-C3850-24T) running 03.02.00SEAccess layer (WS-C2960S-48LPS-L) running 12.2(55)SE7I am getting a re-occurring issue where clients are reporting the followingSome machines in the client VLAN are not able to connect to res...