Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, With regards to the example shown here belowhttp://packetlife.net/blog/2008/jun/26/when-does-vlan-pruning-occur/ Pruning is down on vlan10 in switch 1, when switch 2 no longer have any active ports in vlan 10. (Host b disconnected)Reason bein...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We are using CISCO ASA 5505, it was configured by someone else. Now i have to add new port forward for sql server to internal server.I have followed all steps correctly for 1433(similar to 3389 which is already exists) but still it is not working....

HiWe have a standalone 3750x switch in production, Due to demand of additional ports, we are going to add a new 3750x switch to the production switch as a stack.They are same model with same license level (IP base) and IOS image (15.x).My plan is1. R...

I have two C3KX-NM-10G on two 3750x switches.  Each one of the modules have a bad port.  I have the replacement and am assuming that when I put the new modules in the config from the old modules will transfer to the new ones.  Am I correct on this as...

HiI have got Cisco SG500-52 switch. There is 4 GBIC ports (it looks the same). I need to connect 3 other switches via optical fibre . If i put 3 GBIC inside, it is working only two. (there is no lights on third port ) It is possible to change ports m...

Hi all,in a large ring network topology (up to 34 different sites), how should the mst be configured? Single region or multiple?We're going with multiple regions, with each site's switch being the root for it's local region and having 1 additional in...

Resolved! Nexus 7k VDC

Hi Guys, What are the minimum ports that I can allocate per VDC that Cisco recommends? I created a new VDC on Nexus 7k, i was told that you need to allocate minimum 8 ports per VDC. I allocated 3-6 ports and the VDC worked fine before. I can't find a...

Hi, Can we disable "IP Device Tracking" in cisco 4507R+E globally as the users are getting DHCP IP conflict pop ups? The switch is configured in L2 mode.switch#sh ip device tracking allGlobal IP Device Tracking for clients = EnabledGlobal IP Device T...

I have two 2960s which are connected via an LACP trunk and I am unable to send WOL (magic packet) to machines on the other side of the trunk within the same VLAN.  I was trying to Google this, but only found reference to sending WOL between different...

Mark^ by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I'm hoping that somebody could help me figure out a few things. I'm trying to figure out where there cost difference is calculated between the small business switches e.g. SG500-52P and the Catalyst switches e.g. 2960-s. The small business sw...

Hi    We've a stack of 4 3850 switches trunked to catalyst 6500. The switches are connected to ESX servers. We are getting the following log messages  *May 19 12:21:14.300: %IPC-5-WATERMARK: 8210 messages pending in xmt for the port (10900C00.4) f...

I have the commands down for copying from a tftp server to flash but cannot connect to the tftp server via the console. Do I need to set an IP address on a vlan interface, assign a port to that vlan and then plug my PC running tftp server into the po...

Hi Experts , We are going to use interface level redundancy using "backup interface" feature in the router.I am able to do all the configuration , except GLBP virtual ip address , I am getting the below error % Address 192.168.1.1 in group 100 - inte...