Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I am converting 2 6500 chassis to VSS, currently they are configured as primary & backup. Downstream switch have 4 uplinks,  2 to each chassis with port channels. After I convert to VSS I will have all 4 ports connecting to downstream switch in a ...

I am configuring MSTP for the first time on three switches in my network (lab environment) my running config for the three switches is :spanning-tree mode mstno spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmissionspanning-tree extend system-idspanning-tree vlan ...

I try to find bugs associated with the equipment C6506-E but unfortunately can not find anything related to the tool:I've been trying to change the number of release according to the picture below (12.2SXJ, 12.2.33-SXJ, 12.2.33-SXJ1 to 12.2.33-SXJ6),...

Hello :   I have Cisco 7609 router and we have observed that router is rebooted due to the following error ;SLOT 3: Apr 13 16:06:26.621: %CARDMGR-2-ESF_DEV_ERROR: An error has occurred on Egress ESF Engine: Control Store Parity Error SLOT 3: Apr 13Sl...

when stacking of 3 switches in row?what will happen for the end nodes(pc,workstation) connected to 2nd unit (switch) of a stack when its port or hardware fails?what are the main advantage?it will share power only or unit1unit2unit3 

vasanth77 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Could anyone please let me know which trap we need to enable to monitor FEX module on 5K.If FEX goes down due to link failure/power down we do not receceive any trap on SNMP server.Your help is highly appreciated. Ethernet1/5 is where Fex module i...

I had some strange crashes recently on a 2851.When checking the crash logs I have found that the crash is due to a Address Error (load or instruction fetch) exception.The exception happens at the same address every time.Is there a way to isolate that...