Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello. I have a Catalyst 3750, that I am configuring. I've enabled AAA new-model and configured an aaa authentication group for logging on to the Console and SSH. When I log on to either (SSH or the Console), I've noticed that though the switch promp...

J W by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, Configured GNS with two routers connected back to back with Gig interface.Want to know how does they (ospf) detect this duplicate address.Run some debug but both routers send hello and stay silent. R1-10.10.10.1-----10.10.10.1--R2 R1 router-id...

Hello,I was able to find only this one ISSU compatibility matrix (only in the 6500 section):http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/products-release-notes-list.htmlI could not find such a matrix for 4500-X.Maybe so...

we have a new building, and I told the cable company run OM3 cable from second floor to 1st FL data closet because we have 4510R SupV-10G at each floor.However, the cable company ran a regular fiber cable instead of OM3 mistakenly. My questions, can...

jolo07310 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i thought that OM3 is a multimode standard, recently a cable guy told me that they have laid OM3 single mode, i asked him that OM3 is a multimode standard but he said no, single mode also comes in OM3 as well,is that true ? ?

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,my 887 seems to crash for some reason every night. The CD, Data, and port 3,4 leds are not on and the router doesn't respond to pings from the inside network.  After a reboot everything runs fine. Doe anyone have an idea whats going on? The de...

Hello,We have Cisco 6509 Core Switch with following details & we need to install WS-X6716-10T-3C module in int.Can some body advise which slot number i should use in 6509 ?Do i need to upgrade supervisor engine IOS for this ?Is it hot swapable module...

anis_cisco by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,just a quick questionassume i have two pcs , pc1 & pc2 connected to switchAand switch A go to switch B by trunk.there is pc3 on switch B. topology as below : pc1 ,pc2-----SWA--------SWB-----pc3 the question is.if i want to allow only pc1 & pc2...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our main internet router has two firewall's at our site, one of the asa's is ours the other is a client asa, the client asa has a ipsec tunnel and a riverbed steelhead caching device that goes back to there site in the usa. this is then used by the c...

chaserf9e by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I am trying to test a Cisco 1941on my home network (to prepare for a site connection to a BTNet NTE) ...I have routing working fine for the internal VLANs but and can ping everything (including the Internet) from the router console, but cannot pin...

robjdarby1 by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We recently moved to a new physical office, and I was in charge of spec'ing out and ordering networking gear. Everything is brand new, from the wires to the switches to the Comcast modem (though that is also Cisco branded as well). We went with the S...

nickyost1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings network wizards, I'm facing an interesting issue in our enterprise network.There is management VLAN. There are various devices in management VLAN (e.g. WLC controllers, SVIs for management on our catalysts, interfaces for management of serv...