Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Restart STP

Is it possible to restart the spanning-tree protocol on a catalyst switch after disabling stp on a vlan without restarting the switch?I have removed the STP instance from each of my (two) vlans on my switches (they do not have redundant links back to...

petenixon by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Write MEM

I am trying to create a very SIMPLE - initial config for my 2960x switches and after some initial settings I perform a show run and all looks OK. Then when I perform a write mem and log back in, I see a major change to the running config with numerou...

Pat Gainer by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I thought the C3KX-NM-10G would show up as a switch service module according to the documentation for upgrading the code. Why isn't this listed but shows up in inventory?Thanks.Switch#sh invNAME: "1", DESCR: "WS-C3750X-12S"PID: WS-C3750X-12S-S   ,...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI am looking at some new switches, I can see the 2960X and the 2960S, They can both do gigabit and stacking, what are the main differences between them? cheers Carl 

Dears ,Im trying to do IP SLA for failover between 2 WAN links, when i put show trck the object 33 is coming as undefined ? why like this ? Do u have any document for IPS SLA config with boolean expression ?The below is configtrack 1 ip route 0.0.0.0...

Haris P by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to set up a vpn tunnel between my home network and my office network.  Previously I was using an 861w router as my home gateway and I used it as an EzVPN client and all was good.  I replaced the 861w router with a Linksys router because I...

Does anyone here know why routing in IPv6 prefer to use link-local address to build adjacency with neighbor router instead of using the global unicast address or it's original address as source address on hello packet? For example in OSPFv3 every hel...

The users have been complaining about the network is slowness , after checking each lay2 switches, I found under each vlan the no ip route-cache is configured, the module is 2960, I am not sure if the command is there by default or configured manuall...

Hello experts,A client of ours wants to know if in a Cat4510R+E loaded with redundant WS-X45-SUP8-E supervisor cards, he needs to buy an Enterprise License for each supervisor card, or only one license works for both supervisor cards. We have not fou...

I just purchased 3 2960S-48FPD-L switches. I also ordered one (soon to be 2) 3850-24t-L. I am currently looking at purchasing an NM 4-1G module to go with the 3850. My intent in this is to configure etherchannels from the 3- 2960's front SFP ports, t...

I have to design a network with SIP provider and PBX system. All calls are routed via Windstream using the phone system gateway.Now we want to set call routing in such a way that internet calls to rest of the offices are routed via Cisco 2911 & ATT N...

New to cisco, setting up 871 router using comcast cable modem. Followed some online instructions for setup but I am stuck. I am trying to assign vlan1 the ip address of my default gateway. When I do that, I get a message saying ip address conflict be...