Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I've had DHCP snooping running for a few days now a a remote site and can see the dhcp snooping database is populated.  I have turned on DAI for their vlan and added a filter list for static IPs for things like printers.  However I'm getting a ...

Hello,I have a cisco router 2911 with two HWIC cards, each having 4 serial ports, totalling 8 serial ports. On each serial port we will get raw data sent from radar towers. It is important that we can read this data and forward it out at a specific I...

Dearrouter eigrp 1passive-interface fastethernet0/0eigrp stub connectedMay I know what is the function for "eigrp stub connected"?  I "debug eigrp packet hello", it can still see hello packet send and received.  If I applied "passive-interface fastet...

alan-wong by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a situation where number of ie3000 switches are connected in ring topology and i want to add a spoke switch with a fiber link in trunk mode .lets say switch A has IEM-3000-8FM= module and one of the ports (lets say f2/1) on this module will...

mhawas by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all.I have a switch I can't manage.  I don't have vty access, no console access, no access at all.  I attempted the break sequence to get to the boot loader, but even that doesn't show up.  I tried all baud rates, to no avail.  Absolutely nothi...

Hi,I have surprised to see the default MTU size 9216 on cisco 6509 e Series switch, but when i check the interface it is showing 1500 Bytes MTU. Also i cant even see for which module or interface the MTU size 9216 is enabled. I am trying yo speedup o...

Which legacy DCI solutions allow a VLAN to be extended across geographically separated data centers while containing STP/control plane/ARP traffic to each data center? Looking for legacy DCI, not OTV/TRILL/Fabric PathThanks

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I just made a multicast on my cisco 6500 switch, and making transport to another location via trunk. so i made a vlan with set of ip's 192.168.222.0/24and transport the multicast to the other switch 2950.Now my switch 6500 is going to 100% cpu ...

husamaga1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello , I have WS-C4510R-E whose current image doesnt support SSH . Wet to cisco website there are too many options not sure which image is right for my switch . Please advise the image I need to put for my switch . Current Image cat4500-ipbase-mz.12...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card