Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I need to setup a new network and need some advice on static route from Cisco 3750 to ASA5520Here is my proposed setup:Cisco3750:VLAN Name                      IP---- -------------------------------- ---------------------------------------1    ...

Resolved! ARP

Hello,Just a quick clarificationSuppose I have a topology as thus: just two hosts connected by a switch (layer 2 switch). In the event that a ping is sent from Host A to Host B and the CAM table of the switch does not contain the mac address of host ...

ayosizzle by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are moving from decentralized routing to centralized. We have about 12 Cisco 3750 stacks with EMIs doing the routing for each stack. We are now upgrading to Cisco 3850s and do not want to purchase EMIs for each stack. Instead we are going to us 2 ...

I'm trying to figure out the best method to use for blocking all access on VLAN 7 from VLAN 3. I know the best rule of thumb for extended ACLs is to put it as close to the destination as possible so that makes me think it should be configured on VLAN...

I have 2 ISP connections.ATT1 connected to ASA5510 via 192.168.1.1ATT2 connected to another ASA5510 via 192.168.1.3I have a 3850 connected to both ASA.ATT===========ASA1(192.168.1.1)=======3850(same switch as below)ATT2==========ASA2(192.168.1.3) ===...

howithink by Level 1
  • 28 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! igmp snooping

Hey All,Scenario:We have a switch stack of 3750's and the desktop people are trying to ghost/image. The stack is an access layer stack with no layer 3 and igmp snooping is enabled by default. All machines in this scenario are on 1 vlan and we'll ...

Hi,I've been struggling making multicast work across two DC. I'm able to see the sources when I do show ip mroute, but no traffic is going between recievers and source, only I can see traffic generated from local source when I do  show ip mroute summ...

frodestra by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I set up a route-map, by cons it does not work, for info I have a default route to the ISP 2ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.24.1.1,knowing that the ping is ok between tunnels,when I do a tracert I see it through the ISP2 link then I want it to ISP...

Is the Leaf layer needed when designing a fabricpath topology?The idea is to have a string of 3x N7Ks (Spine) doing FabricPath and uplink 6509s and Arista switches to the N7Ks..is this possible or the "Leaf Layer"needs to be there?Thanks

alexng by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allim looking at 2 new cores for a remote site, not a large datacentre, maybe 20 servers etc, vmware etcI am looking at the 6509 with sup2T and 48xx series cards, Someone mentioned that this wont be good enough if running Vmware through them etc ?...

Hi all,After restarting the 1811w went into romon.i try the xmodem command it showsrommon 2 > xmodem -c c181x-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M6Do not start the sending program yet...dir: cannot open device "flash:"WARNING: All existing data in bootflash wi...