Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Two core layer 3 switches were configured with HSRP.R1 is active and R2 is standby.There is a external DHCP server connected on R1 and R2.I enabled the dhcp snooping and IP help-address on each core switches.I could find the DHCP snooping binding tab...

luo_40201 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I inherited networking environment in an office and I'm trying to understand a few things.Basically I have 2 switch catalyst connected through a trunk port. One port from the main switch (configured as a trunk too) is connected with an ASA firewal...

Hi All,I am having trouble with EIGRP default network advertisement.I have entered the ip default-network 172.16.0.0 command on R1.The route is marked as a cadidate default on R2 but gateway of last resort is not set. Why?Also, the static route on R1...

Hello there, I am testing enabling "directed-broadcast" in my network. I am using real cisco equipment in the topology below: I have implemented static routings and Host A can ping Host C and Host D successfull and vise versa.  So, in HOST A,  i open...

Hello, I want to port forward protocol 8443 to a server behind my Cisco router.My Cisco router is in turn connected to an ADSL PSTN facing router.I understand the command to do this would be:ip nat inside source static tcp {localServerIPAddress} 8443...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am a Cisco novice.  I have used Configuration a few times with success.  Now I am trying to bind a few DHCP addresses, but the window that opens does not display any action buttons, so I can't add new bindings.  I have tried stretching the window, ...

cpatcisco by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

what is correct answer for the below question.When you enable port security on an interface that is also configured with a voice VLAN, what is the maximum number of secure MAC addresses that should be set on the port?A. No more than one secure MAC ad...

Starting my CCIE studies. It's been recommended to read the Cisco Press TCP/IP books by  Jeff Doyle and Jennifer Carol. There are two volumes, one was published in 2001 and the other 2005. I've seen fairly recent recommendations for both publications...

Hi allI was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on my current problem.Got a Cisco 877W up and running on a PPPoE ADSL2+ connection with my ISP.Router is set up as proxyDNS and the local workstations are configured to use the router as bot...

Hi I am working on a packet capture/monitoring design - and have a question -Will traffic be forwarded from a Destination Monitor Port - If the capture appliance were to send traffic back.I am assuming this would be blocked/filtered But I am looking ...