Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

We currently have Cisco WS-X6708-10GE blade installed in our Cisco 7606-S switch.  Each of the ports have a X2-10GB-SR tranciever.  When I look at the port with the "sh int tengig xx" command I see the following:!TenGigabitEthernet 4/1 is up, line pr...

dtom by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I was wondering what general steps might be taken in order to "replace two(2) 3750 (stacked) with one (1) 3750X - Server Access". General steps and what I might have to do configuration wise. I know i'm copy pasting the existing configs into th...

i am not getting ip add from the dhcp server ,if i am adding the dhcp server to vlan 50 then only i am getting ip addi am having two vlan 50 and vlan 51so can any one help me what is the isssue i am attaching my network diagram and configurationcore ...

Hiwe are implementing a new MPLS WAN design. The MPLS WAN design will use BGP.The first office to go will be Shelton.on our 1006 router that will be the Main Campus router(aggregation router for the remote site offices) we're going to configure BGP f...

Hi,has somebody found a way to disable the (time consuming) image download that takes place at the beginning of each switch replacement in Smart Install? As far as I see it even if the software version matches the version in the vstack config it is d...

continuehow can now configure dhcp server on core such that when request come to core it should tranfer to dhcp server from any of tc he two vlan ,is there any extra command which we need to congfigure on core switch to request dhcp server for ip add...

Hi,I have installed the Cisco 4506E with WS-X45-SUP6L-E and WS-X4648-RJ45V+E module. the IOS is (default) cat4500e-ipbase-mz.122-52.XO.bin now the status LED is in orange (as if some boot process is going or some tests are going),In fact the recomman...

Dear expertsI need your help , actually i have a design from my customer who have ( Cisco core switch 3750 (allports fiber ports) which is connected to L2 switches , these switches carry servers and end users .the only routing protocol on the access ...

My client has MM fiber running from IDF "A" to IDF "B", then from "B" to IDF "C".  For IDF B, no user connections are needed, only the MM fiber.  What would the community recommend for a Cisco switch to sit in IDF B?  Initial thoughts are a 2960C or ...

First let me say that if I'm posting in the wrong area, I apologize and please let me know and I can repost.I am looking to set up a secondary, failover connection to another ISP, (In the event that our primary ISP connection fails).  Our company has...

tlyons by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone.I have a 3750G that used to be a Stack Master of a stack comprised of 2 identical switches. Since then, we have removed the stack from production, and I factory defaulted the stack MEMBER and that went fine. I just held the "Mode" butt...