Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Ive got a topology with a pair of 7ks which are vpc peers.  They are a distribution layer to 5ks and 6500s.  The 5ks are also vpcd so both the 7ks and the 5ks think the other end is a single device.  Clients are attached to fexs on the 5ks or directl...

rsutor by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day.Review the picture first, and I will briefly introduce you into question. R1, R2, R3 and R4 run OSPF/LDP/BGP bundle over black links which interconnects them. They belong to same BGP AS and runs iBGP between each other. Networks 10.10.10.0/2...

I have two 6513s running VSS with Supervisor 2T modules (quad sup VSS SSO)I want to create a 802.1q trunk (multi-chassis) between the switches and a Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 machine (host).  On the Hyper-V machine, I establish a 4 network adapter team ...

Hellohow to identify ip address of  a host connected to a Layer2 switch portalso other way aroundif I knew the ip address of a host, how to identify on which switch port the host connectedthanksVishal

HiIt appears that I have a problem with vpc connections to a single fex and the fex not showing any primary fabric port information. All the documentation I have read tells me that when I issue this command:switch# show fex 100 detailI should see thi...

Hi All,I'm trying to join a 3750X in an existing 3750G stack.My stack was running IOS 122-50.SE2 (ip base) so I upgraded to 150-2.SE4 (ip base), seen the fact that the 12.2(50) is not supported on a 3750X.Of course, I updated to 3750X to the same ios...

Hello,Although being relatively new to the Cisco world I have some basic experience with IOS.We currently have two 24port 2960's patched together  using the fiber uplink ports and are acting as core switches for the  business.One is a client core swi...

Hello,I tftp download all our configs from our routers and switches everywhere and to replace a faulty one I just copy the config and paste it in sections to the switch, can I tftp the config back up as I have never tried this?Thanks

Hi AllMy doubt is about the need of each switch connected to the VSS using L2 or L3 MEC to be ePagp trustable for Dual-Active Detection.If just one or two of my switches are configured with ePagp and are trustable for Dual-Active Detection, is this e...

rafael2gc by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello to All,I'm really having difficulty trying to find an solution to what seems to be an easy task - probably that's because I really didn't have any formal networking training, yet I've been assigned to complete such networking task. I hope our g...

Hi All,I have little confusion for loop avoidance in network.I want to know that which commands I should configure on switch ports for1. Core to distribution switch port - Fibre Uplink2. Distribuition to Access switch port- Fibre Uplink3. Access to ...

k_bhavsar by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody.How are you guys doing?   I am watching this video on qos.  I heard in the video that " Policing"  in the  context of qos, is applied only in inbound direction. Just want to confirm that.thanks and have a great day.

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card