Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,Here is the setup.Say we have Switch A  as VTP server mode.It has vlan 10 only  but not any SVI  vlan 10.It has conenction to switch B  which is VTP  client mode.This switch has  SVI  vlan 10.Is this design ok?normally VTP client gets updates ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I recently issued the "clear spanning-tree counters interface vlan <vlan id>" command on a 3750-X switch running IOS 12.2(55)SE3 and using PVST spanning tree mode.  Rather than just clearing statistics the switch immediately began reprocessing the sp...

After deleting configuration with „write erase“ and reloading, our Cisco Catalyst 4503 with version cat4500e-universal.SPA.03.02.00.XO.150-2.XO.bin, and licence ipbase, doesn't recognize any command regarding SSH. We tried configuring SSH key with „c...

hbrkanic by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I've created some port forwards from my public IP (Dialer0) to our private LAN but only the 25565 port forward works. I've even added an anyany statement to the Nat source list Homenet_NAT. Any help would be much appreciated, full config attached...

eagletec1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In   our test environment I upgraded Sups 720 to Sups 2T. The Sups 2T came with IOS   15.0.1. Looking at to the latest IOS; I found IOS 15.5.1. I upgraded to this   version and things seem to be working OK. In the web site, there is also   image s2t5...

jjiles by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So im working in a new enviroment and want to makes some design changes to the enviroment. I wanted to bounce my ideas some of you folks to see if my thinking is on the right path or maybe i could do things better.Setup:Currently the setup that i man...

Hi Everyone,When we will use SVI vlan  in network with  no ip address command?Say we have switch with int vlan 50no ip addressPorts are configured  for vlan 50.This current switch has no ip address for vlan 50.So does it mean that some other s...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have recently been task with migrating our server room to a different site. Site A which is the old site will be connected to Site B with a 100 meg metro Ethernet connection. From my understanding this is just like extending your LAN. Site B has...

All, So, we have our Nexus as our default gateway (101.1) and the default VLAN1 is setup with two subnets 101.X and 102.X. The DHCP server is using a superscope setup to accomodate the overflow of devices requesting IPs on 101, so when 101 is consume...

ApexMicro by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So, I have a situtation and trying to find the best solution here. I have one internet connection connecting through to our ISA570 Firewall I need to use for failover for another network coming in.  We are being supplied with two routers, one router ...

We are planning on going 10G on some of your ERP system.We currently have SUP720-3B and I have a few questions about the 10G bladesHere is my show mod outputMod Ports Card Type                              Model              Serial No.--- ----- -----...

ougwuoke by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys, Need a small deocument which is easy to understand on the name convention on cisco switches.I have many spare switches in my storage which can be used if one of the production switches goes down.Now: I am trying to get understanding what platf...