Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I'm a bit new to Cisco, it's been 7 years ago that I passed my CCNA. I'm setting up a new network at my home and can't get it working.I have a Linksys E4200 that is connected to the internet.I have a Cisco 3560G-48TS for my virtualisation proj...

HiI have a network with static routes witch I need to convert to OSPF.Never used OSPF, and do not have much experience in routing in general.The netvork is connected via some fiber links, but moastly wireless bridges.I have attached a drawing of how ...

perpaal by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I got some problem today, I tried to upgrade IOS from SXI2a to SXI9 in cat 6506 VSS. But the problem is that switch always boot with old IOS. I put the new IOS in sup-bootdisk and slave sup-bootdisk, bootvar is ok with new IOS:show redundancy...

Dears ,One of my newly installed  router got reloaded ,showing me below error . The same IOS im using in another router and it works fine without any issue ,but this newly installed router gave me this problem  .Is this problem from hardware or softw...

Haris P by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,one of my customers is starting to migrate his voice infrastructure to a solution based on Cisco UCM and Cisco VOIP phones.The access switches he is currently using are all Cisco 2960 with LAN-LITE feature set and unfortunately the qos capabili...

Dear Experts,I just created a scenario in Switches where few switches are in MST domain I make one switch ROOT-A as primary for vlan from 1 to 200 and switch ROOT-B as prmary for all other Is it normal that a PC in access switch connected with VLAN 1...

Haris P by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having some issues on my network and i think i have narrowed them down to a single switch.On this switch the following logs can be seen  2147482407  05-May-2012 15:40:54    Informational  %AAA-I-CONNECT: New http connection for user admin, sourc...

Hi all,I need to know meaning of 0.0.0.0 at end of Extended ACL.Here is ACLaccess-list 101 permit ip any host 0.0.0.0so this means permit ip from any source host but it should be single source host to destination 0.0.0.0?Need to unders...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey, I'm new to networking and configuring Cisco routers. I currently have a problem which I can't solve.I'm in Packet Tracer and I have two routers; A and B. They have a serial link between them, and each router has one PC directly connected to it u...

JDS_Cisco by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I setting up a network with multiple routers running ospf. all devices arer reachable and adjacencies are coming up ok.However, when I issue a traceroute, I can see redudant hops as per the output below:  1 172.16.0.9 4 msec    172.16.1.9 0 mse...