Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have a a hardware server running a VM hosting virtual servers which are all on different VLANs. My challenge now is to configure the switchport that the server is connected to, to see all the VLANs needed by this VM. The VM has an IP that is ...

#sh ip routeCodes: C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, M - mobile, B - BGP       D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external, O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area       N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2       E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 -...

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before. I have tested this on a 2950, 2960 and 3560 and they all seem to react the sameWhen we have devices connected to ports with Unicast storm controll enabled traffic passes without any proble...

pieterj by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello friends,Simple, basic question.  Do voice vlans work for non-Cisco phones, specifically Shoretels?  When reading about VV's, I see that CDP is required.  Hence, the question --Thanks much,Richard P.

rpastor by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a simple question about building extended ACLs. If I want to match on more than one non-contiguous port, can I just list them out in the ACL? For example, if I wanted to match on ports 80, 443 and 22, can I do it like this:ip access-list ex...

Anyone ever see this before?I was told that this is due to an issue on the interface like errors or something else.  I have never seen it before and wondered if that was true.This interface is on the SUPmcptl01-res-01#show int gig 1/2 GigabitEthernet...

I'm seeing several error messages like these in the logs of my Nexus 5548UP switches.2012 Apr 24 16:39:41.470 SSV_5K_SW2 %LLDP-5-SERVER_ADDED: Server with Chassis ID aaaa.bbbb.cccc Port ID mgmt0 management address X.X.X.X discovered on local port mgm...

Mierdin21 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just upgrade a license on a cat 4510. The license installed but the EULA was not accepted and it will not upgrade to the new feature set. Any suggestions?Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

jimlott by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I currently replaced my Cisco 831 with a Cisco 2901 running 151-4M1. On the LAN side, I can ping google and yahoo as well as others but I can't HTTP or FTP to them using IE. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? The config is the same as it was on...

GW M by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, we are moving to different providers. We currently have multiple sites that have MLP bundles going to our current provider. We are trying to limit our network disruptions by creating a new MLP bundle group and connect it to the new provider, but ...

bret by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Experts,We are getting protocol drops on our Ehternet Interface of our core router, every time we run the commant show interface gig 0/1 the counters keep on increasing, kindly update what could be reason for the same.Please find the Details as ...

ranjit123 by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I'm still quite early in my network learning path so be nice If I say anythign stupid forgive me!I plan to build improved redundancy in to my LAN by stacking two 3750s and teaming pairs of NICs on my Dell PowerEdge servers, with each cab...