Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have 4 4506 switches from my core. Two at one location, two at another. They are uplinked to each other via single-mode fiber. I can't think of the model of gbic's we are using. Anyway, each switch has redundant connections to the other core. So lo...

I have a strange issue where a node on a specific vlan will get an ip address from the DHCP but not be pingable after that. However other nodes on the same vlan are pingable. The only difference is that route the nodes take back to the core are on di...

Cyprusice by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Perimeter DMZ VLAN that I'm trying to extend to a VM enclosure. The path is:Perim Sw------->FW---------->Core SW------->Agg SW------------>EnclosureSW---->VMCat3350               PIX         Cat6509          Cat6509              Cat4948ON th...

rkallas by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,The problem I am facing is that I need to create a stack (proper stack, not a cluster) consisting of two switches which are located remotely. I need to put them in the stack and the only medium I have to utilize between them two is a fiber optic. ...

Hi there. I have a silly question: Does the 4500 support VSS (Virtual Switching System) ? On the official product overview page it says: 1.6 Terabits capacity with Virtual Switching System (hardware-ready)What means Hardware ready ? Does it mean that...

I've tried updating IOSes, etc. but problem remains.sh cdp neigh (from 4948)Device ID        Local      Platform    Port IDMY_4948       Gig1/46    My_3560   Gig0/134948 configInt Gig1/46switchport trunk encap dot1qswitchport mode trunk3560 configInt...

jmayes by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone,I am about to configure 4 Gig ports for EtherChannel.  I've been reading about EtherChannel and it seems easy enough to configure.  I have a host (server)which I am going to connect to these 4 - gig ports.  This is new for me and would...

dacruzer1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please see the attached diagram to explain the network.I'm trying to do a "port-to-port" layer 2 connection on an ASR that will bi-directionally bridge a physical interface to a sub-interface.I tried using " connect VLAN200 Gig0/1/0 Gig0/0/3.200 inte...

Hey GuysIm starting to study for Cisco and I have a doubt about a simple configuration.I have 2 PCs connected to a switch ok, with both PCs configured with the following configuration as follow : PC1 as 192.168.1.2 and PC2 as 192.168.1.3 When I run a...

ealvesibm by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have 2811 and 2821 routers in my branchesAnd decided to upgrade to 12.4(20)TI find the ios for both download has the same namec2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-20.T6.binalso have the same size also have the same MD5So how to differentiate between b...