Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,A couple of days ago, suddenly my internet connection went down. I was not able to ping or access the router via telnet and ssh. The switch in my room showed a light of the port to the router, so the port on the router must be up.I reset the mo...

Hi,While keying in command: spanning-tree vlan 1-4096 priority 0, below error was received,% Command rejected: Bad instance list: Character #7 delimits a number which is 0I could not find any reference to this. Appreciate all help , what does this me...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everybody,I need to design the architecture for a big network (about 800 nodes)1-/ what is the core level in an archietcure and in what case we need a core level?2-/ for a big network with 900 nodes, wich switches can be used for Distributions Lev...

zain_gabon by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloIs it possible to terminate several MACsec connetions from different switches on a single switchport? This question refer to the Catalyst 3560X and 3750X switches.Does anyone know how is the performance on a 1 giga or 10 giga link with MACsec on...

plingg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All ,I have few  WS-C3560X-24 switches . Whether this supports MPLS tag switching ?? Can i use this as a PE router ? Currently I have  lanbase license only , i just asked our sales to purchaise upgrade license C3560X-24-L-E . I want to run MPLS ...

Haris P by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We got %RFS-3-MSG_INCOMP: ifs_issu_get_msg_mtu():  msg_type [86] under session [721130] is incompatible  error on 7613 router. As per Cisco The message types are incompatible under ISSU.Please suggest the criticality and why this comes. Regards,...

rakeshpra by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in the process of adding a automatic reset to our port security here on our campus. I believe the command I want to run is errdisabled recover cause psecure-violation errdisbaled recovery interval <time in seconds>The issue I am running into is ...

fredareid by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Following commands will be configured for allowing only one single mac (dynamic) to be used on a switch port fa0/1.switchport port-securityswitchport port-security violation shutdownso , in this case, if user A connects his laptop to fa0/1, he wil...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 6506 switch to which 2950 switch is connected.To 2950 a server is connected is there any easy method to track the ip of that server from 2950 switch.If so please mention the steps.

We are currently migrating hundred Catalyst 2950s to sixty-three Catalyst 4506. We decided to buy them because we need the high port density, power-over-ethernet and ipv6 features in the access layer.Last week we turned on the first five switches. Se...

Hii built a lab of 3 Router, r2 in the middle is responsible for cut off the icmp and tcp traffics between r1 and r3, ospf runs as routing protocol. ospf and any other traffics were denied, icmp and tcp permitted. although the control plane could eve...

Hi, We have got error-disabled on the Up Link of switch cisco 2960 at customer site but as per config this port is somply trunk port.Error logs for this issue is below,  Log Buffer (4096 bytes):_DISABLE: loopback error detected on Gi0/1, putting Gi0/...

Hello everyone,I'm looking for switch to accompany Cisco ASA 5520 in data center, with 20+ GE ports and no need for PoE.I would like to understand the difference between Cisco SG300-28, Cisco SGE2000 and Cisco Catalyst 2960, 2960-C and 2960-S Series ...

Dan Jagor by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes