Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am receiving a link signal from the C7000, but for what ever reason, the Cisco 10G port does not go active. I believe we have a 10G SR SFP+ on the C7000 and I have a X2-10GB-LX4 on the Cisco side. I also have X2-10GB-LRM modules but I don’t get a l...

abbas.ali by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are upgrading our production environment from PFSense firewall/routers and Netgear switches to Catalyst 4507 layer 3 switches and ASA firewall/routers. ____________________________________________Upgraded the 4507 to the K9 base ip image to add ss...

Hi,I'm struggling with the routing configuration on our C3750 to setup following:Additional   VLAN (37) for a guest network (wired and wireless via second SSID on APs) which should be routed to it's dedicated   WAN and discrete routing, speak no VLAN...

Hi,I need to relocate one of our data center to other location, We can’t change the existing IP address for relocating.Could anyone give guidelines for relocating one data center to another location.Regards,

nihammimm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Folks,Bit of a newbie topic here - my apologies if this is extremely straightforward!  I have been asked last minute to recommend and order up a Layer 3 switch for a customer project - a simple segmented core network implementation...  I need to g...

Resolved! Stacking 4500's

Need a second pair of eyes on a task.  One of my floor closet's 4510R-E is full and I plan on trunking another 4507R to the main access switch.  The reason I am leaning toward trunking the 10G uplinks is to utilize the remaining IP's on the SVI's.  T...

Cisco Community,Your assistance and experience in this matter would be hugely appreciated.My client has a requirement to apply Policy Based Routing in their 3750 Stack Switch environment. In order to allow this I need to reconfigure each of the 3 eff...

We currently have a single stack of 3750Gs, running IP services. We have a leaf switch on one of our floors running 2 uplinks in a LAG (for a 2Gb connection), back to the existing stack.We would like to split the stack into 2 (for some redundancy) in...

mitchelg by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Does any one have a recommendation on a good place for Nexus Training in New Jersey,New York area.Should we take a training course on 5000/7000 combined ?ThanksStan

Resolved! Nailing VLSM

Hello,I am preparing for the CCIE R&S lab and have couple of doubts around VLSM. Subnetting itself is an easy task when you take a major network and divide it into several subnets. But this is currently not my problem. My problem is with VLSM or vari...

I am having some issues finding the specific information about EnergyWise that I am after.Does energywise shut down the port? So If I have a energywise schedule on a port that does not have a PoE device will that port be effected?I have a few PoE dev...

Hi,I am wondering how to secure with ACL access to special VLAN in my network that is only for VOIP telephony.My company has VTP domain set on router, and also on router VLANs are configured over  subinterfaces.So point is to have devices in that spe...

Dear friends,Just by experimenting I have stumbled across the possibility of configuring and successfully applying VLAN ACLs (VACLs) on 2960 series Catalysts in IOS 12.2(58)SE1 LANBASE. However, there is absolutely no mention about this feature in an...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card