Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a client that has two stacks of 3750X switches as well as a mixed stack of 3750's and 3750X's.  On the stacks that are just 3750X's, none of the link lights work when the mode is set to status.  However, when you do a show int status, the swit...

deyster94 by Level 5
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI would apratiated any help.I have an IP platform over satellite, on of the service that we provide L2L vpn, we have 2xASA5520 in failover active active mode. mltiple vpn connection created the connection between sites goes down from time to ti...

Hello everyone,  I have inherited a network that has some RSPAN configurations on it, but with no documentation on what they are for. Is there a way - other than gathering and searching the configs of every device on the network - to find where the o...

regibbons by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hye To All,In the attached Set-Up, the link that contains the CE500 is meant to be the main link and the other the back up link. To make this possible, i configured the switches as shown on the Set-Up but notwithstanding, it's the back-up link that's...

Bethuelle by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A few years ago I installed a bunch of 4507R's with dual Sup V's. I remember that there was a limitation on the number of uplinks I could use on the Sup cards themselves. Basically I couldn't have all 4 Gig ports on the Sup as trunks and if I wanted ...

rshum by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,In order to follow the best practices fro QinQ, I need to enable native vlan tagging. As it's a global command, i have concerns about the impact on the existing infrastructure. Can it impact stp in some way, and is it mandatory to perform it on al...

Hi everyone,i was reading about multicasting and it says when we do sh ip mroute command we will see(source,group) so here source is user PC who wants to join the multicast group  and Group is Destination multicast address like 239.x.x.x right ??Seco...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys, just a quick question I haven't been able to find the answer for.When stacking 3750s, the IOS image should be identical.  But do the switch model numbers need to be?  Ie., could I stack a 48 port 3750G with a 24 Port model if their IOS image...

hello all,I have a very strange problem with an OSPF stub area configured in a seperate vrf.All interfaces are configured in the same area 1.1.3.20, and still the router thinks it is an ABR and generates a summary (because it is configured as stub ar...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey,I am currently planning a new Network Infrastructure consisting of several SGE2010 switches. The office has around 40 rooms which are to be connected in one central location (location of the switches). Each room is connected by two ethernet cable...

I have a need to install a POE switch at a remote site where I have access via a T1 circuit.  I don't know if anyone is familiar with the RAD MiRICI T1 SFP, but it essentially converts a T1 to ethernet.  I have a 2621 router on the head end of this T...

aking by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiPlease could someone explain the below output from the command issued.The mutlicast source is as below 10.120.50.69.Two things in question.     1.) Why is the *,232.0.10.38 forwarding?     2.) What is it forwarding?1# sh ip mroute 232.0.10.38IP Mul...

mark_tegg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes