Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

In an attempt to understand the inner workings of a router, in particular the series 2500, my question is in regard to flash and nvram.  Is flash and nvram two actual differing circuit boards, or is it more like the relationship between bios and cmos...

preetcher by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have problem to config the line con 0PTS_SPARE_2960(config)#line con 0PTS_SPARE_2960(config-line)#login autPTS_SPARE_2960(config-line)#login authentication dePTS_SPARE_2960(config-line)#login authentication defaultI don't see the command in the PTS...

fdogarcia by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a Cisco 3750 switchs with SFPs. One of my customer that have point to point fiber connectivity from my premisses and his side. But problem is on the customer side he is using 3com old switch 4950 with GBICs. i just want to know if we co...

HI everybody,I have  two 6506-E and I would like to implement VSS.1) Do I must  to have 10GbE interface to implement it?2) I have some servers connected only to one of my 6506-E. Should them be connected to both of my 6506-E if I implement VSS?THanks...

Hi folks.Sorry if this wil be confusing, but ill try to make it as clear as i can.In my office i have two networksa.  MPLS (no internet line)  --- router --- asa 5510 (10.59.1.1) --- catalyst 3550 ( 10.59.1.4) b.  DS3 ------ routers --- asa 5510 -- c...

Hi every bodyI hope every one is having a nice weekend.Let say we have following network:Both routers are running eigrp and are connected together by f0 ,  My question is   the delay associated with R2 f0 int  added to compute total delay of 4 ms or ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

4510 with 6-E Supervisor has two tenGi interface. In first slot inserted inserted TwinGig Converter with 1Gb-LC, in second slot inserted 10GBase-SR X2.First slot work normal, but second slot is inactive.c4510_2#show hw-module module 5 port-group 1Mod...

Hi AllAny suggestionfor the below logs found over 4500 , also CPU utilization is over 95%Mar  9 08:52:10.857: %C4K_IOSIPROUTEMAN-3-ADJMANNOMOREADJS: AdjMan: hardware adjacency resources exhausted, performance may be degraded..Mar  9 08:52:39.276: %C4...

Varun K S by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,1)on 4503 we have 3 slots , can i used 3 48 10/100 line cards in these three available slots or do i need to reserve on slot for supervisor .where does supervisor fits in .? in these line slots or their is a seprate place for it ?2) we are dep...

Hi all,We can enable ip source guard by commandip source under  interface command.but also we have commandip verify  source  port-security  which we can also use under interface.i have used both commands and here is output3550SMIA#                   ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an older 6509 with a Sup-720/MSF3 engine running 12.2(18)SXE3I want to upgrade it to 12.2(33)SXH5 and need to install the compact flash adapter and a compact flash card so that I have enough memory for the code.The instructions in the CF adapt...

jkeeffe by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes