Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all!I had an experience on one of my many 3550 switches.A customer called and said that he couldn't connect to the internet one evening. When first line support went to have a look, he observed that both of the status LED's on the NIC flashed in a...

Hi:The UCS ecosystem leverages a port aggregation solution to chassis I/O, namely, the FEX modules.The FEX modules are not fully featured switches. Nor do they possess any forwarding policy intelligence at all. Instead, the FEX modules deploy a "pinn...

lamav by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Adding New Switch

Hi,We are going to connect a new switch to our LAN in our PLC office.  The PLC office has 3 switches connected together using the gig ports and SFP connectors.  We are going to connect the new switch using a single crossover cable and are going to co...

tahirs001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have 3750 switch in my lab and i have configured one radius server for device authentication . It is working properly for all the devices .Bymistake I configured radius login authentication under line console in 3750 switch.Now i am not able to ...

Hello,I have the setup displayed in the attached diagram in production. The connection between the 6509 and the 2821 is a trunk and I have subinterfaces configured on the router side. The 6509 is connected to the 2960 with two access ports. The ports...

cisabucho by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,We have two 3750 switches setup on local lan. Switch A is primary switch and has ospf setup on it and is a neighbour to a local MPLS Switch. Switch B has etherchannel to Switch A and default route out is switch A. hsrp on all interfaces has ...

Isn't a layer 3 switch supposed to correctly count routerd packets in the corresponding VLAN interface ? None of these do count correctly on this 3750 below.I did not considered that an issue when the system was insatalled, but now thinking about it,...

I have a small office networt (30+) PC, Mac, Unix machines. I have a Cisco 871  router off of a Full T1 going into one 48 port Switch. The switch is able to use LACP links which I use for our servers. Is there a way to do this with the 871? It is cre...