Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello everyone, simple and plain question.... Can TCN BPDU's reach 1500 bytes in size? suddenly when we attach a new device to the topology we can see an increment on the traffic and the are all 1500 bytes in size, we assume they are TCN BPDU's (at l...

This may be a simple process, but I can not find a difinity answer.  Hope someone can help.  I am designing a template that allows for multiple sites to connect to an MPLS network as well as support a separate isolated network at each site.  the isol...

Hi experts,I have a switch stack. They are the following models and at the following firmwares:Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------*    1 30    WS-C3750E-24TD  ...

Hi,I recently noticed that some catalyst switches in my network are having a bunch of fake mac addresses in one or two ports. Some of these ports happen to have connected some third-party vendor lan switch (ANSEL) but some others have just one PC con...

Resolved! 1841 pass through

I have another 1841 that I am using for vlans and having the vlans talk to one another but more importantly I need the router to pass all packets through where they need to go.  Is this possible?  Normally I set the restrictions up on the firewall an...

rkovelman by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a requirement to segment our network into two sections. Unfortunately, I will have servers on both sides and need to back them up but only one back up server. I also have a 5510 w/ 4 ports.Current plan looks at using VLANs and hanging all the...

LMADAdmin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a suggested setup from an consultant and I am thinking there is a big probllem with it. Let me lay out our situation and please tell me if you agree:Current Setup:PIX firewallDell 1 GB/s switches, 1 (default) vlanSuggested setup:5510(no addit...

LMADAdmin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,"We are trying to setup NAT on a Cisco 3620 to work with our cable modem.  Currently Ping works by both canonical names and IP address.   However if we try to use HTTP the request times out.  Using Wireshark  it appears that all the HTTP requests ...

Hi folks,Need help with conversion for QOS on CatOS 6509 to 6509-E IOS as below.set qos wred 1p2q2t tx queue 1 40:80 70:100 set qos wred 1p2q2t tx queue 2 40:80 70:100 Am wondering if this is the default QOS on 6509 switch. If so, does it mean that t...

Resolved! MST and IST

Hi allI have been looking into MST, I believe there is 1 instance of STP called the IST that runs on the whole region, so for example if I have 5 stp instances in a region, if I plugged this into a normal RSTP switch, or another region, would the IST...

HiI've been having a few issues building a stack of 7x 3750v2's.  I've configured the first switch as master, provisioned the other 6 switches, set lower priorities for the other switches and made sure all are using the same ios. (c3750-ipservicesk9-...

Hii,I am bit confused with Nexus Vpc Layer -3 issue!!..Really need a help on it.Let me explain my scenario.I have 2 nexus 7k connecting to a pair of N5k with a double sided VPC.Now i have a router connected to access port of N5k and need a EIGRP neig...