Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

i'm hoping that i haven't screwed up but here goes.  i replaced an HP L2 switch with a L3 3650 as a core switch.  when i installed the SW i didn't enable routing in an effort to not disturb too much.  but now i would like to move some routing lines f...

garyrivers by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Experts,I am an absolute newbie in cisco networking land. I was assinged a task to quickly deploy new 2900 router and 5500 ASA firewall for our small network.  Although I read through dozens of technical manuals, still feeling not confident enou...

Hey guys,So I just fired up a used 2821 for the first time and broke into it and by accident, instead of typing in "confreg 0x2142", I fat fingered it and typed in "confreg 0x21421" and reset the router. Now I fire it up and it's just all garbled wit...

Hi all, I hope I'm posting to the right place, sorry if I should have used IP Telephony!My question is this:Our LAN consists of a Cisco 3560G L3 and 7 x Cisco 2960 L2. These provide a gigabit backbone. Off of these switches hang DLink unmanged switch...

I have two questions reguarding the 3750x series switches.1. Does the 3750x come with the stacking cable(s) or is that a seperate purchase?2. Can you stack a POE and a non-POE version together? (same IP base of course)Thanks,Nathan

njohnson by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a few equipment for my CCNA /CCNP lab. I also purchased Cisco 2509 Access Server to connect  all other cisco devices. I have followed the procedure to set up my access server and all can connect  apart from two of...

Good morning all ,we have a virtual switching system comprising of 2 x 6506 switches, one of them has  WS-X6704-10GE card , the other has WS-X6708-10G-3C card, we want to do an etherchannel to a device , is it possible to create lacp etherchannel wit...

I was wondering if it is possible to apply a class base policing on a vlan rather than a port in Catalyst 3750-24T (IP Base) for marking rather than port.the switch is operating in layer 2 mode (only layer 3 address is for management).Additionally, i...

pavlosd by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, im doing the following setup, and i dont know how to do thisi have a 3560 switch, and 3 2950 attached to it, and a 2921 acting as router and cmei have three separated vlans, one for voice, other for data and other for managementi want to creat...

Hi,I have an a Catalyst 2950 with IOS with IOS ver. 12.1(12c)EA1where are connected two router with HSRP configured.If I switch off on of the two routers I don't see on MAC address tablethe port where is connect 0000.0c07.ac01 (layer 2 virtual addres...

lformelli by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes