Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Team,   I have got a client who purchased a cisco 7600 router. These 7600 were deployed as WAN Edge devices and configured with GRE tunnels to their numerous branch offices. They have complained from time to time that different interfaces on the W...

oukpaka by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to know when it is possible to connect two different types of port, for example e0/1 on a switch and fa0/1 onan other switch. I suppose there must be the same type of cable, cat 5 in this case. What type of configuration have I to do?Har...

Hi all,few questions about vPC:1 L3 devices attached vPC 7K, is NOT a recommended topology...so what do i have to do if i have to migrate some 6K to 7K with attached a lots of L3 multilayer switch? Just connect them in a non-vPC way? Could be a big m...

Resolved! UPGrade IOS??

Hi,I ask very basic qus. I dont know how to upgrade the IOS? If my remote location already installed the ROuter with very big config. I dont wont the lost the data and IOS want to be upgrade.? (and I am Remote location location I want upgrade to remo...

abhi-adte by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyLast week we encountered a serious problem with our Nexus 7000-environment. Some 3rd-party Service-Provider had their IP-Packets fragmented although the Don't Fragment Bit was set. When our N7K began to silently drop these packets silentl...

Resolved! VLAN access-list

I have written a VACL and have a couple of questions.It goes like this:access-list 104 remark Allow Netbackup traffic / Deny everything elseaccess-list 104 permit tcp 172.16.16.0 0.0.3.255 host 172.16.16.14 eq 13782access-list 104 permit tcp 172.16.1...

dfultz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am not quite familiar with the concept of VLAN access-list. From what I cound understand, typical VACL configuration is like this:vlan access-map Filter-VL7 10 action forward match mac address AllowThose ! vlan access-map Filter-VL7 20 action fo...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have noticed that at 8:30 pm for two nights in a row, the CPU Routing processor spikes to 98-99%. This is after business hours. Any ideas what could be causing this? It then drops down to 40-50% and the average cpu % per day is around 45%.Thank yo...

We have several routers around the world connected to a VLPS cloud.  We want to backhaul the traffic, Inet and private, for some of the smaller sites through other larger sites.  These smaller sites usually have an internal routing switch connected t...

wesweber1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card