Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,  Is there a way I can force a 3845 to use DNS each time is does an NTP update?  I'm trying to use the pool.ntp.org addrersses, but when I put them in the config, they resolve at that time.  Since this is a public NTP service, these servers occasi...

tmcmurray by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

From what I understand, the 2960 has a limit of 6 EtherChannels per switch stack with the lan base image. Does anyone know if the Etherchannel limitation due to physical bandwidth, or software? I really want to increase this number, and I doubt it wi...

I want apply an inbound police policy on a WAN interface, I have all the traffic classes defined with the following statement "police cir percent," however what if I want to police the default traffic (traffic that is not matched by class map), what ...

We purchased a L1242 because of it's FIPS 140-2 certification.  We didn't have a wireless controller, so I went ahead and installed the full IOS and made it a standard 1242.  Did we take away the FIPS 140-2 certification as well and if we have to go ...

Hi all,I currently have a Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TC-L switch that exhibits some strange behavior when I connected to the web based device manager (http://devicename or http://deviceipaddress). If I start a constant ping, as soon as I navigate to the w...

hi! currently i've the following config in my core sw. We're deploying a new software based FW + a SSL GW in my network. I've attached a diagram with sample wan ip segments to illustrate the scenario. Eg. In the public DMZ segment 203.105.20.0/29, i;...

Hi,I have one doubt in my mind, it may be not valid one but it is my curiosity to know. Below question is not releated to any actual network, it is the virtual one which created doubt in my mind.My doubt is,If i have one switch which is configured in...

HiI've set up a cisco 877 on a home network. I had problems getting internet access from the network initially. After playing about with it, i managed to get it working.However, there is one slight problem. The guy's whose house I installed it in has...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card