Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear friends,A few basic questions on the 4500 (4507-R-E / 4510-R-E with Sup 6-E running 12.2.(50)SE). These questions are reloaded to an IOS upgrade which i need to complete tomorrow.1. Why does a copy to the standby supervisor cause a lot of timeou...

I am designing a new model and am really grappling with the fiber uplink speeds.  I am trying to build a network resilent enough to support data for the next ten years.  I am trying to decide if I need a 10 gig fiber uplink to my data center on the t...

All,I have a newbie question.I have two 3560 L3 switches, I would like to setup HSRP so they failover.My question is:How do i setup HSRP with etherchannels.Do i just add standby 1 IP-ADDDRESS command to the etherchannel or vlan interface ?Here is my ...

afionda by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

SirSimple setup 192.168.10.x lan subnet through PAT all subnet able access internet .now i need helpi have lan ip  192.168.10.30 its kind a streaming device   this device must go to internet and  also through one  dedicated WAN(internet) ip  people s...

Hello,Is it possible to configure different routers to communicate over MPLS using frame-relay on one router and ppp on an other. Here is what I'm talking about:R1---frame-relay encap---[MPLS cloud] ---PPP--R2I tried this once before and could get th...

Hi All, I have a building wide network wih a core switch in the datacenter and uplinks from 8 closet switch stacks. I took a trace from a port from each closet stack to observe broadcast traffic (no port spans, etc). The first thing I noticed was I w...

Hi all,I am currently running a single 6509 at the data center and I am looking into upgrading. I am debating whether I should continue with the 6500 platform or move to the Nexus platform. I would like to be able to support 10Gig with the new platfo...

dtran by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am confused with this statement:According to Cisco Press book, CCNP SWITCH: Offical Certification Guide,  by David Hucaby, if a switch can't support 1024 unique MAC addresses  for its own use, the extended system ID is always enabled by defa...

Friends,We have more than 40 vlans in our switch. Users are connectes in access switch. In Particular vlan (eg : 45) they are accessing some servers/application hosted in US. they are facing slownees in particularaly that time. If they accessing indi...

In the data sheet for the 3750X, the network module (3KX-NM-10G) is described as being capable of taking in 2 SFP+ 10G interfaces, but it also supports 1 Gig SFP.  What are the attacehment rules for these interfaces?  Can all 4 interfaces be populate...