Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have a cisco 861 router and have 4 subnets in which I would like to create vlans.  But for some reason, I can only have 2 vlans on the router.  I have done some research and have found that the 861 IOS is limited to 2 vlans.  One of the sugge...

Hi,I have what seems to be a very basic question, but even after doing many searches, and reading CCNP books,I am not able to get a clear answer.My Question :-I have 3 switches   A <--> B <---> C, with links between A&B and B&C set as                ...

We have been using the 'interface bvi' method to increase redundancy to 2800 series routers installed behind firewalls, so that each LAN interface on the router can connect to a different switch <same vlan of course>, which are then connected to the ...

Dear,Anyone can clear the different between update/upgrade. One of  my customer wants me to do the update for their switches/routers/firewall instead of upgradesHe has contract with us that contain no software upgrade. So he wants update for all the ...

Is there anyway for me to push the newer ios (  12.2(53)SG1 ) to the Primary sup without having to reboot?sw-517-core-can-4507R-01#sh moduleChassis Type : WS-C4507R-EPower consumed by backplane : 40 WattsMod Ports Card Type                           ...

Hello, I have a Cisco 2811 Router that continues to boot to Rommon.  The problem first occured once I powered the router off, then on again. When the Router boots I get this message:Readonly ROMMON initializedboot: cannot determine first executable f...

JakeNewby by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all:What exactly is a Shared Port Adapter? And what is a SIP?I know they are types of linecards, but I cant put my finger on exactly how they differ from ethernet linecards or flex wan modules, etc....Thanks

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,The backbone of my network consists of a pair of 4507R with Sup-IV. My servers all connect to 4507s via the WS-X4548-GB-RJ45 line cards. From what I was reading, this is not the best choice of line card for connecting many high-bandwidth server...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a NAT questionI have a cisco 1811 router connected to a customers network via a serial lan.The Cisco 1811 is connected to my core via VPN.The serial lan is setup at NAT outside and it's ip  is 10.10.10.1/30.The 1811 has a 172.30.1.0/24 network...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card