Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! QoS Question

Hello,I have what is hopefully an easy question for someone to answer regarding QoS.Firstly, If I understand it correctly, QoS only kicks in when congestion is experienced on a link. How does the switch / router determine that a link is congested? Do...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, does it help to have a neighbor do Graceful Restart NSF through a Firewall. Also with regards to timers on BGP just want to confirm when using HSRP that the interface should become the Active HSRP prior to BGP forming a neighbor or attempting to ...

vdadlaney by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

DearI want to add new L3 3750-24TS in my existing stack.I have 2 swithces in stack(3750 12-s and 3750 24-TS).Please help me.How can i add and what configure i have to do in new l3.

upendra07 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a 4900M that is running with constant CPU usage of ~85%. I have 5 other of these switches with the same configuration and placing in the topology that do not have the problem. sh proc cpu CPU utilization for five seconds: 82%/0%; one min...

Hi,I have connected a mulitcast source to one switch port my 6509-E and connected a client to the same switch same vlan port. I am not getting any single multicast stream on my client... Server is sending multicast stream and confirmed with sniffersi...

Having no practical experience with QOS I'm not sure where to begin with this.We have a SAN which currently has 4 dedicated LES 100 links to replicate traffic from SAN1 to SAN2.I've been asked to investigate the possibility of moving this traffic fro...

020221: Jul 23 07:52:23: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/2, changed state to down020222: Jul 23 07:52:23: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/2, changed state to up020223: Jul 23 07:52:24: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on I...

Resolved! VSS Conversion

Hi,We have done VSS migration to our CORE and DIST switches and changed the configurations respectively.We have few issues in the configuration after VSS conversion and need clarifications on the same.1. OSPF, we enable NSF and we are running BGP as ...

gururajan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,we are having cisco 2960 switch in our network and we are connected 7902 IP Phone and phones are working but when phone power on and off then that port is down and shown that err-disable, we are also do duplex setting on that port stil we are havi...

Hi everyone! As you may notice, I am new to this networking deal. I am running Windows Vista and/or Windows 7 RC on my home PC. My question is, would you recommend buying something like this (see link below) to play around with? If so, would it be fu...

karpitsky by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card