Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've configured OSPF on 3 switches - Core and 2 access switches. All switches are in area 1.I wish to propagate default route 0.0.0.0 from my core switch to access switch. But without area 0 configured on the core, the default route 0.0.0.0 cannot be...

Helo Gurus,Im moving forward to configure L2TPv3 on my GSR12000, 7206VXR and 7500, what are the requirements here? i read something that the 12000 series needs POS card to work? Do i need these?Thanks.jeff

Hi, I badly need help on this issue, here's the story, I upgraded my cisco IOS from v11.3-3 to v12.2-24 and for some reason the ethernet0 interface looks like disabled and won't show when issueing show ip interface brief even show version command lik...

I have a client who has a Cisco Pix 506 and a Catalyst 3560 switch. They have multiple VLAN's configured on the switch and everything seems to be working great internally.They are trying to allow the local prosecutor's office to VPN into their syste...

Hello,I have already configured the switchport in trunk mode.Once I configured it as trunk, I am not able to add the following statementSwitch1#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1qIt always fails. I also tried the followingSwitch1#no switchport mode ...

We have this old WS-C2950T on our network that had all the flash: configuration files re-named. config.text, private-config.text, and vlan.dat, all had ".renamed" appended to the end of the file names. Has anyone seen this, and do you know what could...

r-vaughan by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have begun installing VLANs on a network. They had a 10.120.0.0/16 network before and it ran on VLAN 5. Printer computers wireless and other devices are on this network that is shared with 12 other building. The default router is in another county ...

o.primous by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Our 2800 router would not continue loading and when I connect to the router using hyper terminal this is the error "Bad RAM at location 0xA0000010: wrote 0xA0000010, read 0xA0020010".Can somebody help what the error message means? And how can I fi...

helios999 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Little confused here. I have a 2811 and I want to k now what power it will be consuming. It is single AC fed. I look at the data sheet and see:AC input voltage 100 to 240 VAC, autorangingAC input frequency 47-63 HzAC input current 2A (11...

helloi have switch 2960-TC-L connecting fiber MM across module FX to cujaun P333T switch ,the LED on cisco switch green to module FX but the cuajun p333t not work and no ping from PC back the P333t and back cisco can any one help me ??thanks

Prior to our Sup720 upgrade on our 6509,from a Sup1a, it seemed like most servers directly connected to our core 6509 would average approx. 1ms ping response time from most clients throughout our network. Now that we are on a dual-core 6509 design b...

We have several Catalyst 2950 switches over multiple sites that are connected via a BT LES (fibre) 10Mb deditacted lines.When looking at the port statistics for these lines they are showing multiple Transmit errors (at both ends of the connection), m...