Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We have a core that runs Cisco switches but the access-layer switches use Linksys. Although the high-end Linksys switches. Currently, Cisco is running PVST and the Linksys runs STP. We would like to switch it to RSTP. The Linksys switches support ...

jpl861 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm asking just to cover all bases since the fall out would be massive if things were to go wrong.I am changing a 7600, 6500, and 3550 from VTP server to transparent mode. My intention is to simply do this:Router(vlan)#vtp mode transparentAnd that i...

Hello all, My first question to this forum, not going to be my last. I'm new to networking at this level.We have a remote 6506, the entire datacenter lost power due to a UPS failure. Now the 6506 seems to be switching correctly, but can no longer SSH...

HelloI Tryed To Unstall CiscoWorks 2000 on Win2000 Server with SP4,But I Faced a POP UP while i m IntallingTE RME That IIS version Required Althoug with Win200server the IIS installed is Version 5;Plz Help me to Intall the Software...N:B I Have atta...

alsayed by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have configured DHCP snooping in my network. Now my issue is that I'll be configuring one of the switch which has snooping enabled with dhcp pool so that the phones get the IP from the switch. I was not able to get any IP address from the switch. I...

nrramos by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi! i've 2 6509(catos) with 2 links that are connected to our corporate office. Currently we encounter slow internet access for vlan that go throuth core2 wherease it's fast for those vlan that go through core1. Within our intranet, access to our int...

dkblee by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Imagine someone poses this scenario to you: There is no "known and right" answer here. Its just a brainstorming thing....A host sitting on a LAN segment can reach a server that sits on a different subnet across a L3 cloud.The client can hit the WEB s...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have SFP-FE-Z transceiver module on a Gig port on my 3750G. I am unable to recieve any DOM stats even though the module is DOM capable. Cisco's site clearly indicates that this feature is not supported on the 3750G, yet a colleague assures me he ...

guys just a quick one regarding VTP....onloy server generate vtp advertisments so if i have a swicth which is in transparent mode.....and has a higher revision no and i attached that switch to exsisting network...will it overwrites the vlans as it ha...

Hello,the product description of the Catalyst 3560 says that this switch Multilayer switches can look deeper into the frame => intelligent decisionsbased on Layer 3 or Layer 4 information.So is it possible to create VLANs based on Layer 3 dynamic by ...

Hi,I need to assign a public IP address to a host but I want to be sure that he uses the correct one, and if not then deny traffic from other IPs. The host connects through a fiber link to a 6500 which does not support port ACLs so we tried another s...