Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I tried to deep dive the STP BPDUs over a non native VLAN 1 trunk and this is somehow confusing me. I configured two switches but these are both Cisco switches connected by a single trunk. VLANs 1,50,100 were allowed and I used VLAN100 as native. I a...

ieee-bpdu.PNG sstp-bpdu.PNG pvst.png
jpl861 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

What are the metrics i need to look for when adding a redundant uplink to a switch stack? Our switches currently have one 10G uplink to the core, and I want to add a secondary ALT uplink for redundancy. I did this once already, and the root bridge mo...

DHGmem by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone!!! This is my first post in this community so please excuse any irregularity. I have two Cisco WS-C2960X-48LPD-L, catalyst switches working together and try to use their web gui, which look nice but perform extremely slow, I have to wa...

Konrad@G by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have multiple (around 9200 switches running the same version and basically the same configuration.  On all the switches that are in use, I'm unable to get into enable mode via the console connection. I can do so via SSH using the Cisco CLI. The te...

ColeB20570 by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a network with 21 9300 L3 routers, I'm confused as this is my first time setting these up, they are able to ping the internet  from the vlans but when i try to ping from the cli 8.8.8.8 it fails, it only works from the main 9300 at our hq that...

chueymtz by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Have done a NX-OS Upgrade from 9.3.6 to 9.3.8and get the following output after upgrading / reload / SMU install / reload Z# show install inactiveBoot Image:NXOS Image: bootflash:///nxos.9.3.8.binInactive Packages:nxos.CSCwa25377-n9k_ALL-1.0.0-9.3...

maamann by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes