Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,what does it happen if HSRP is activated and host continues to use one of the routers real IP address (not the virtual one) as default gateway?Thanks,Nunzio

Resolved! 2924XL 11.2(8)SA2

I recently purchased a cisco 2924XL switch to build a home lab in prep for CCNP. Problem is that I can't configure vlans on the switch. I can't get into the vlan database and the only vlan interface that can be configured is vlan 1. There is not s...

Resolved! 2650XM IOS

I just bought a 2650XM and it has an older IOS on it (c2600-advsecurityk9-mz.124-5.bin).Which IOS should I use? Cisco list the following as the latest releases for the 2650XM with the first two as MD and the rest as ED.c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-2...

My device has 256 MB of flash however when I issue the show flash command it appears to be fullSystem CompactFlash directory:File Length Name/status 1 39296912 c3725-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-23.bin 2 900 vlan.dat[256901116 bytes used...

cisco by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to determine the MAC or IP of a device attached to a port on a 2950 switch. For example, I want to know what device is attached to port 23. I know there is a command, but I haven't had to use since class (many years ago). Any help would be ...

Resolved! Syslog

So here is the command i have a question about:(hopefully this pastes correct)R4(config)#logging trap ? <0-7> Logging severity level alerts Immediate action needed (severity=1) critical Critical conditions ...

mikegrous by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are deploying a IPTV solution for one internal department into our core. In one side of our core we will have one TV encoder, and in the other hand of our core we will have TV decoders. Because our core doesn't support multicast routing at this mo...

jmfranco by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes