Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have some equipment that does not support secondary IPs (not Cisco [sorry didn't know where else to go]). Is there a possible workaround for this? The device is a L3 switch, so I can create SVIs, but I am afraid that may not work...Any thoughts?Her...

rsvensson by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Folks!!,I have a switch with VLAN support and I'd like to segment my LANS with two different VLANs. I'm going to buy two routers cisco, one for each vlans, to give ADLS service. But I want this issue separated. My question is: Do I need to adqu...

Hi, We need to upgrade existing flat network having 3750*4 and 2950*7 switches without Vlan's to proposed network with High Availibility using 45XX suitable switch bwteen these 3750 and 2950, because we are offering emergency services. Kindly help in...

I have an environment with 5 Foundry FastIron switches and two Cisco 3750s. All of the Foundrys and one of the Cisco switches (3750-2) recognizes one switch (Foundry5) as the root. The other 3750 (3750-1) considers itself to be the root, and while pa...

Hi, As part of a Lab setup I have 2 routers (R7 & R8) connected via serial (2Mbs). Each router then connects to switch2 (10Mbs). R8 is an ASBR as I am redistributing the connected network between R8 and the switch. I redistribute this network into O...

Hi Does anyone know if Cisco 7206VXR router support 32-bit AS number that is running IOS (12.0(32)S1) and what are the implications for networks that are running 16 bit AS number. Your advise would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hi all.Im using Cisco 3650 24p/48p with SFP between the switches. I have made some large file transfer (4Gb HD avi's : )) just to see what kind of speed im getting. Im using Cacti to mesure the interfaces.I'm astound that i seldom get over 100Mbs (me...

Hi,I have a VMWare server which has 3 Windows Server running, one is Active Directory and another two are member servers. I have installed LMS in one of the memeber server which IP address is 10.1.3.20. The Active Directory server address is 172.16.0...

Does Cisco build/offer a GBIC based transceiver form factor that plugs into a Catalyst 2950 switch that provides the same functionality as a GLC-BX-U=?The GLC-BX-U provides transmit AND receive capability across a single fiber strand.

Is it possible to configure SPAN destination port in a way that system on that port can be accessed from outside as well? By the i am using 3560 with IP services image.Thanks in advance.

abidgorsi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Looking for advice and Cisco “best practice” for setting up a L3 switching LAN. The below is the solution I have setup in a lab environment. Q. Is there a better way to design this solution?Q. Will this solution work?Q. Advantages/ disadvantages ...

colmgrier by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question regarding the way trunks operate in an environment where all the switches are in transparent mode.Image the following scenario.You have 4 switches trunked in the following configuration. A connects to B -> Connects to C -> connects ...

yurixewx7 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a C6504 with dual sup32-pisa's. I need to upgrade the IOS on the sups and want to do the upgrade without any down time. In a test environment I have tried to do the upgrade according to the documentation but I loose connectivity to the switch ...

ssjoberg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes