Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

guys if two swicthes are connected togather and desired is when one port fails the other port should wait for 18 seconds before interface begings forwarding....how we will do that in mst and PVST can someone please explain

I currently have 2 6500 running on sup2/msfc2 hardware platforms. Since the sup2/msfc2 is end of life, my goal is to replace both 6500 with a 3560, 3750 or something else.The 6500's have about 12 uplinks sfp connections, the 3750 only has four.How co...

I'm in need of some help.my problem that i'm having is i'm switching to a new provider and trying to get my existing network to work with the new isp. i have an existing setup as follows: cisco 2600 with a BRI interface (10.50.17.254) from there the ...

Hi all,When is the additional feature of DFC boards really necessary?We're trying to trim costs these days. I'm not sure if our data center switches really actually require DFC. Is there a problem with over-subscription without the DFC boards on a 67...

msrohman by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm facing some issues with IGMP, but unfortunately know next to nothing about it. The extent of my knowledge is that adding and removing various iterations of 'ip igmp snooping' globally or per VLAN sometimes results in a working config :-)We have ...

jnojr by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

all,i've encountered a downtime on one of the ethernet module on my 4500s. after doing a reset using the command hw-module module <number> reset, half of the ports (12/48) were restored. i've opened a TAC case to check on other things. but when i got...

Can anyone please help with this, my users are unable to access ftp sites when both the pc NIC and switch port are set to auto-negotiate. I suspect traffic is generally not being passed properly but that is the main complaint.I have not set any speed...

mfawehin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Networks that isolate traffic from other networks using separate mediums are more secure than one that isolates via VLAN correct? So having to networks A and B separate with separate routers, switches, and cabling is more secure than creating...

How do I validate my fiber port cabling when using the following Cisco transceivers?WS-C2950G-24-EIGLC-SX-MMGLC-LH-SMI want to develop a test to prove the “Lines” are good, poor or ugly, poor meaning the cabling has problems, too much attenuation...

Hi all, in my network, I have core switches, distribution switches etc. Is it a good idea to say have a monthly reboot or failover of the equipment ? do people do this ?

Users are getting packet drops while pinging the gateway (few 5 to 6 packets). i have not found any logs in switches. This problem is occuring for 2 to 3 minutes after that everything is working fine. Even i have added the switches in cisco LMS and s...

All,I have 6509's that I connect to via one of the the supvervisors. If the supervisor that I use to connect to the switch with goes down I have to switch to the other supervisor to get in. Can I set up a loopback interface to use for a management ad...

mrashby by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to use the IOS Server Load Balancing Feature Set on a Cisco 1811. Does this feature set allow for both full routing features and Server Load balacing features? I would like to use this device as both a firewalling router running OSPF i...