Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,we currently have 1 x 10Gb link connecting 2 data centres. We will be deploying the second 10Gb link. How do we configure the switch to enable the new 10Gb to carry all traffic while the first 10Gb will only be used if the new 10Gb link fails.An...

pokwan by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I currently have a 1604 routing all traffic from one campus down a pt-pt. Behind the 1604 is 5 3550's. All 3550's are configured with and IP address on VLAN 1. All ports are default configuration. I would like to create a management VLAN and start In...

smcandrew by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've never understood why it is recommended to run BPDU guard and root guard on access ports. It seems a bit redundant to me. If you're running BPDU guard, and a superior, inferior or otherwise BPDU is received on a port, BPDU guard err-disables th...

jdevoll by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to include trunk ports into an etherchannel with a QoS input and output policy. Every attempt to put it into the channel-group fails because the physical interface has a service-policy attached to it.I've tried to put the input/output se...

I'm using the CCO online Bug Toolkit and scrubbing an IOS. In previous IOS's the bug appeared and so I was trying to determine when the bug was fixed. Information on the bug itself (CSCsk80659) doesn't show a 'fixed in' version. Yet when scrubbing...

Does this connected has to be trunked or routed? When I do show int status on my VSS connected pair, I see the following, does it look good or do I need to set these ports as trunk ports? Please adviseTe1/5/4 connected rout...

nawas by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i have 2 cisco aironets connected on site-1 to a 3750 and site-b to a 3560 switch...i've called TAC a few times to help with setting up an EtherChannel beetween these 2 bridges but they have no clue how to do it...every tech tells me somthing else...

yeled1257 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I 10 switches which I don't know the enable password. I had one shipped to me and I was able to do a password recovery and look at the running config,is there a way to find out the password if it is secret password "5"I looked at cain and abel but it...

jfeo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

STP

Cisco Design Guidelines state that network architecture should be such that STP must be avoided -say by limiting VLANs to a closet-to make convergence predictable and bounded.Can somebody elaborate how can this help?

sumesh_un by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes