Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! link utilization

hi every body!I just want to know if following is correct method to find link utilization:considering only transmission link i.e txlink speed= 100 MbNumber of bit traveling down the transmission line at certain time T1=10Mbutilization= 10/100= 0.01 o...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear sir,The cisco switch model no are 3750 already multimode GBIC is connected and working, I need to confirm whether single mode GBIC would support in the switch. Other side switch is 2950 and I have to connect single mode GBIC to be connected....

I have connected 2 cisco 2960 switches using access ports (not trunking) and i configured one management ip for each. The first one interface vlan1 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0The second oneinterface vlan5ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0No...

akisbouza by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey all, I have just walked into a network that I am now in charge of taking care of. While there is alot of work that needs to be done to clean it up, I have come across something that is interesting. I have a 6506 that is configure for vtp ser...

Hi,I have a layer 3 switch, and I've been asked to create a vlan for some servers. All of the servers and workstations are on VLAN 1 and a 10.100.0.0/24 address. The request was that I create a vlan for just the servers, but leave the addresses as th...

I recently inherited a 4006, which I'm attempting to trunk with our 3750 stack. I have fast ethernet ports on both ends set up to trunk according to the instructions here:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk689/technologies_configuration_example0...

In the interface to Internet we have a trunk with 802.1q with 2 VLAN. It is a Gigabit interface of a Catalyst 6509, only we can configure the level 2.We need to limit the traffic output for one of the vlan, so as not to flood the link shared with t...

slandeira by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We've lost routes for a segment of our network and sh log of one of two core switch shows: %C4K_HWPORTMAN-4-BlOCKEDTX-QUEUE:blocked transmit queue HwTxQId0 on switch Phyport Gig4/47 count-126607What does the error indicate?

mlenco by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have issues with a 4507-R. We had sh proc cpu history at 100%. Did a failover...performance increased but counters still showed util at 100%. Two sups with CPU at 100%. This all stemmed from the error.%C4K_HWPORTMAN-4-BlOCKEDTX QUEUE: blockedtrans...

mlenco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes