Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Poe was working fine until this weekend. The ports work fine, but no poe on 3 out of 4 6548 blades. 3 works fine, but 2,4 and 9 has no poe. Show power is indicating everything is ok. We have moved one 6548 blade to a vacant slot. Trouble followe...

Hi All,I have two routers (RTA & RTB) with HSRP configured. Both routers has a serial connection to the ISP network. Preempt and tracking are enabled on both routers.RTA has a priority of 115RTB has a priority of 100Default decrement value of 10If se...

Yehey by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiOn the 2 x 3750G callapsed core/distribution switches I have configure SVI interfaces for each vlan in my network (6 vlans, 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50). I have about 5 switch blocks/stacks each using a different vlan eg. switch_block 1 (5 x switches in...

bavingtonm by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I think we have a problem with our switch network. Every node on the network is receiving more then one stp message in a two second period. I have tried setup a switch to be the root for all vlans, and then set the hello time to 10 sec. The...

nickhesson by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can any one provide me L3 switching configuration of L3 switching Lab consist of A router, a L3 switch, L2 switch and number of hosts.It should also have inter Vlan routingI would be thankful if any one would provide me this,.

hi everybody!i find various reasons for a port to go into erridisable state such as pagp,late-collision,port securiy etc. But i did not find that port can go into errdisable state for duplex mismatch.Rather the port stays up,showing excessive collisi...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Setting up a simple multicast. The 4500 has the "ip multicast-routing" command on. All vlans have the "ip pim sparse-mode" and are located on the core.The vlans are then trunked out throught the gig interfaces to the edge 3750 switches. The 3750 swit...

neil by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,we are having multiple VLANs in our infrastructure. for all the VLANs except 1 vlan when we ping the brodcast IP of that vlan pool, we get a reply from the gateway ip of the VLAN. But only for 1 vlan we are getting very wierd behaviour. for th...

Hi, I have the setup of 8, 3750G-24ps switches, in a stack(using stack cable). IOS 12.2(44)se1(c3750-advipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE1.bin), is installed in all switches. Nortel class 3 IP phones are connected to all the ports which required 15.4 watt ...

I have a Cisco 1841 router with an ADSL card (WIC-1ADSL-DG) and I recently added an etherswitch card (HWIC-4ESW). The problem that I'm having is that any device connected to the etherswitch card can't see my network. I want to find a way to connect...

rhwooten by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi...I have 6 VLANs on my netowrk... and 2 core switches (4506).I've configured the first core to be the root primary and HSRP Active for the VLANs 10, 20 and 30.And I've configured the second core to be the root primary and HSRP Active for the VLANs...

I datacenter has 2 3750s in a stack configuation. We recently purchased a SAN. I would like to use jumbo frames as the documentation for the SAN recommends. From the 3750 stack we have fiber running to our wiring closets and remote sites.My questi...

Hello, I have been wondering and researching what is cisco catalyst switching technology consist of? What makes catalyst switches different from ethernet switches? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using catalyst switches? Is there a si...