Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI'd like to see if my interfaces that are trunking are in the no-negotiate mode, I'd like to run a command to verify the interface states. Can somone please let me know what the command would be?ThanksDan

dan_track by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi thereToday we ran into massive problems, probably because of a mistake of ours linked to VTP Pruning and VTP Transparent.Our network basically looks like this:edit: as ascii-graphics do not really look nice in here, i put the network layout into t...

For a scenario with 50 vlans, each vlan residing on an individual switch, is it best to run MST or RSTP? We want to have the flexibility to add more than one vlan to a switch, but at the same time, 50 vlans would be 50 STP instances using RSTP corre...

I have a 2960 switch with 2 vlans as 10 & 20.ports from f0/1 to f0/10 belog to 10 vlan and from f0/11 to f0/23 belog to 20 vlan.f0/24 is a trunk portPCs connected to this switch get dhcp ips from a dhcp server(1841 router).sample config of 2 switch p...

I just started studying BCMSN and read about EtherChannel. I keep thinking why we still use STP when there are EtherChannels. My stupid question is :-If Ethernet Channel can utilizes both (or more) links for improved speed and also provide an autom...

alexmchau by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,i implemente the protocole WCCP on 3750 but i have this message in the log of the switch"%PLATFORM_WCCP-4-SDM_MISMATCH: WCCP requires sdm template routing"couldn't you help me please ???i want known if the 3750 support this protocol

Hi,I have two 3750 switch connected to eatch other.There's a 802.1Q trunk between the two switchs. There's also VTP and Spantree activated on those switch. The two switch are in the same VTP domain, and they are server.I added a VLAN 185 on the first...

Hi there, any know any large enterprise or ISP migrate from PVST+ to MST? We carry a large number of VLANs/trunk and am concerned about exceeding the max stp logical ports.

ho.robert by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI've having difficulty in narrowing down which switch is causing the following problemApr 25 16:14:50 10.1.example.com 241922: 25w0d: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet0/44 (not full duplex), with Site-4-SW-04 FastEt...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an interesting issue. I have a 6509 running IOS image s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF6.bin. After I configure an IP address on a new loopback interface on this device it stops passing traffice. Nothing in the logs indicate anythin...

Hi all,one of my customers already uses a proxy in order not just to cache traffic but even to implement some rules.A single proxy is no more sufficient, so he wants to use multiple proxies with the same configuration and wants to balance traffic bet...

proxel by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes