Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi NetproHow to configure the following?1)other AS may be directly connected to AS100.configure r1 to acceptbgp routes from backbone 1 that originate only in AS 100 and may other ASdirectly connected to AS100. all other BGP routes should be filtered ...

alsayed by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have Cisco 4006 running cat OS, it has started throwing follwing error, what it tells that it is spantree issue but this switch has only 6 slot so what is the port 7/1. can someon shed some light on it?2008 May 06 09:53:37 %SPANTREE-5-ROOTCHANGE:Ro...

nawas by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it true about Cat OS that CatOS can only support a single SNMP community string for each of the three modes (RO, RW, and RW-ALL). So if I have two RO ommunity strings it'll support only one and if so in which order? Is there any workaround?

nawas by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings, all. I am attempting to spin a special QoS configuration in our 4507's for a non-Cisco IP phone, specifically the Aspect TeleSet3. They work well, but...This phone has a PC port and does 802.1q tagging, but naturally does not use CDP, so...

rzotz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Not sure if this is the correct forum since it involves Pix515e units. I have 2 Pix 515e f/w setup as failover pair. One day, internet was dragging, pages loading poorly.Checked the 4006 log and it said, "Host 00:12:80:34:94:E1 in vlan 1 is flapping ...

paulc by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have created Layer 3 etherchannels using pagp in desirable mode. I notice that there are hellos sent every 30 seconds which I assume are to check the status. Is there any way of changing this value? Also in the event of a link failing how long d...

We have two core 1 & 2 two routers R1 & R2. Both routers are connected to both the switches. For this I have created BVI interface in the routers. L2 etherchannel is running between the core 1 & 2. HSRP is running between the cores for all the vlan i...

Networking Professionals,I've seen several implementations of "interface vlan <id>" on many Catalyst switches for interVLAN routing but on a single instance of a core switch only.Recently, I've seen 2 core switches connected with each other via HSRP ...

I have a Cisco 4507R distribution switch which is currently in production right now. I am running out of ports and I want to add 1 more line card expansion module. The current configuration is:Cisco 4507R IOS ver. - 12.2(18)EW21 - Supervisor Engine I...

lazon by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card