Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, with qos in my routers, how come I see in some switches, it has say the first 2 prioritys set to go to 1 queue, then the next 2 in the second queue etc ? does that mean the first 2 priorities get the same treatment ?

Guys,I have got a large campus collpased backbone with two core 6509 systems connected to 30 stacks of 3750's.Each stack of 3750's has 8 vlans. This leads to a large number of vlans on the core 6500s and as such a lot of spanning tree instances. Am...

kirkster by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I have opened a conversation an 01/17/08 (SFP performance) and I found the problem myslef.When I configure qos globally of my 3560 (mls qos), the performance of fiber link (SFP's) ist very bad. But I don't understand why is it so. QoS on ...

The scenario is this.I configured a switch1 f0/2 vlan 2 sales, mode accessswitch1 f0/12 switchport mode trunk allowed vlan 2switch2 f0/4 no vlan configured, no switchport modeswitch2 f0/12 switchport mode trunk allowed vlan 2but i configured them in ...

Hello-I have a network, consisting of 2 7304's (internet routers) and 2 3560's that sit directly behind them. all are in ospf area 0 and on the 3560's there is also area 1 with a different network on it. HSRP is setup on a couple of VLAN's between t...

snsjustin by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

arp

Hi all, can anyone tell me what routers use arp for? can they work without it? and also when we route a packet to the next hop router, does the router A need to know router B mac address to route the packet ?

Hi all, can anyone give me a typical set scenario for this to help me understand, ie would be have routers or switches in the core, why would we need the core if our layer 3 switches in the dist layer can do all the routing/redundancy etc ?

HelloI have a pc user whose pc connects to a switch. The port her pc connects to need to be put into vlan 202. However when that happens her pc cannot find the tree. As soon as I take her pc out of vlan 202 and put it into vlan1 she is able to work f...

I have this host-flapping message. I already know what it is, and why I am getting it in this particular instance - a sick server cluster.But does anyone know what the threshold is for the message to be generated, and whether the threshold can be co...

Hi All,We have a network of about 35 edge switches with 2 6500 aggregation switches.Each edge switch connects to both agg switches at layer2.We have about 250 vlans, and any vlan could be on any switch.We are intending to move to MSTP but I seem to h...

ian.mac by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I have my yearly choice of courses about now, can anyone suggest a good one to learn. I have done ccna, bcmsm, bsci. Are there any other good wan courses ? I was thinking about doing the CCDA course called CDESGN, Has anyone done this ?

I have video connectivity between CIPC to CIPC and CIPC to Cisco IP 7980 series devices, is it at all possible to establish a connection to an external VC unit? When I dial a VC number, it connects but no remote video is displyed.ThanksBrendan

Hi AllI want to enable STP between Cisco 3560 and Linksys SRW248 G4 switches, my Linksys switch is connected to the 3560 on separate VLAN, i want to connect another link with same VLAN connecting both the switch. Here by to prevent the loop i want to...