Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a 3750 stack include 48T and G-24T switch. The server is 1000/Full and workstation is 100/full. And we enable mls qos. I got a very slow speed when copying file from server to workstation even off hour. From the sniffer it showed that some pa...

Hi thereCase:We have C6500 layer 3 swtich as a core deviceand C3560 as access switch device running.The C6500 Switch is the VTP Server and theaccess switch is a vtp client.Now we try to pluged a vpn dedicated hardware(juniper sa-6000) to a port on th...

Guyz,Is there any way to assign one than one VLAN to a switch port and what commands we need.I don't interface to be configured as trunk.RegardsWasim Abbas

how can we make a software application talk to cisco routers. Is there any API using which the same can be achieved.There is an API but for XR series IOS .We need to communicate with Cisco 2811 routers using an application.Any tips on this would eb e...

Just by enabling IP Routing on a L3 Cisco Switch Inter Vlan Communication takes place,then what is the use of creating Vlan's on a L3 Switch.Then why to create Vlan's at all,why not to use a single LAN Subnet then,except from Access-Lists is there an...

susheel.p by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, I want to do the following QoS configuration. I am having a total bandwidth of 30 Mbps. I want to have strict priority for voice traffic with guaranteed bandwidth of 5 mb. 15 mb for SMTP traffic. 8 mb traffic need to policed so that exce...

dumble4me by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a situation where my company is implementing Tibco, which runs a 'reliable' multicast protocol called Pragmatic General Multicast (PGM, RFC 3208). It is my understanding that this PGM multicast can exhibit some of the more problematic behavior...

Hi all,I have configured trunk between 6509 and HP C-Class blade server which has two CBS3020 switches. On both the switches I see input and crc errors but no errors on 6509 ports:5 minute input rate 70000 bits/sec, 69 packets/sec5 minute output rate...

satendrak by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Just wondering if it is possible to monitor a physical interface using SPAN for example, but having a destination of a VLAN rather than a physical interface? My destination is a virtual server that I can only reach via an 802.1Q trunk. Therefore...

davidcsbp by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Forum.I am trying to turn up a OC12 circuit using APS. I have working on Campus A router #1 and protect on Campus A router #2. On the other side, Campus B working on router #1 and Campus B protect on router #2. The only way I can get this circuit to ...

rdierlam by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, anyone knows if with DHCP Snooping enabled a device requesting the IP address via BootP is working...I see that the device receive the IP Address via DHCP but is not inserted into the DHCP snooping binding DBRegards Omar

oguarisco by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i want to share my experience (not yet successful ;)) with all the experienced people here, and my findings.. and based on them i have few questions, First one, I NOW know the meaning of link-local address. 00-12-34-56-78-9a [MAC_Addrs]would become f...

Resolved! STP functionality

Hi everybody,only a doubt about STP (802.1d).Suppose to have a simple loop between three switches (in purely daisy chain). What if one of them (say SWA) doesn't support STP?Can I use STP nevertheless ?The other two switch are able to manage the port ...

pcantoni by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes