cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

3560-DHCP SERVER

THERE IS NETWORK ( IN ATTACHMENTS) AT THE CUSTOMER SITE. 3560G SWITCH IS DHCP SERVER FOR ALL REMOTE SUBNETS ( HOTELS AND HEADQUARTER HQ ARE CONNECTED THROUGH OPTICAL SWITCH - METRONET). WE HAVE PROBLEM WITH DHCP IP ADDRESS ETC IN HOTEL RIVA. IN THIS ...

postrades by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Segmenting /22 network into smaller vlans

What would be the best way in going about splitting an existing /22 networking into 4 /24 networks using vlans? the existing network is currently all on vlan1, but we would like to slit it in to 4 vlans, then in the future slit 1 or 2 of those subne...

l.ruiz by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

vlans using ospf

If I have 3 routers with vlans configured, do i just have to include the vlan ip address into the routing statement, and make sure the other router has at least 1 ip address in the same vlan, then this should recieve info about other vlans in the swi...

VLAN & Connecting 3560 to 2950

This is a first time try for me.I'm trying to connect the main switch here (3560) to two 2950s via fiber on SFP ports. The connection lights are green at both ends (3560 and 2950 ends) but I can't ping.The 3560 switch has 3 VLANS configured: 10, 12 ...

Stacking 2 x 3750s

I have 2 3750s that I intend to stack - can I connect them A-A B-B, or do I need to connect them A-B A-B? I can find plenty on how to stack 3 or more switches, just not two.Are there any reasons, or best practices?Thank you!J

Resolved! Switch 4507R Modules Detail

GreetingsAttached please find the output of show module of the switch i have received from other department. My concern in this output is regarding the Supervisor Engine modules Hardware and Software Versions.I want to upgrade the software versions o...

Network Monitoring

Hello, Without the use of 3rd party applications, how can I perform monitoring on a router? For example, how can I monitor a specific workstation with it's I.P address or hostname with information on what type of traffic it's traversing inbound and o...

danny9797 by Beginner
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

fast or gigabit ethernet ports on routers

Hi. I'm a CCNA student working on an assignment which involves connecting eight subnets to an existing network. So far I have only worked with routers having only two fast ethernet ports. I guess there must be a module that will give me more routable...

bartcline by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

2960 versus 3560

Hi all, after an opinion. I am replacing three 3548 switches and want to know peoples opinions on the 2960 or 3560 switches as a replacement.The current three switches are clustered for management purposes with a single IP address and are connected v...

802.1x MAC address authentication

Hi all,I am trying to setup 802.1x port base authentication in the Cisco Cat.2950 switch. I use PEAP in a Windows XP client (authenticate by Windows AD username/password) and Cisco ACS 4.0 as the RADIUS authentication server. Everything is okay. Now,...

unexplained high ping times

We have a 6506 with Sup 720 and two wsx-6748-ge-tx modules. The switch runs in the native mode. it's been configured for about 24 vlans each mapping a class C network. the average cpu utilisation on the switch is about 2% and it never exceeds 10%. Ma...

maheshj by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Unanswered Topics