Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to source a 256mb compact flash card for a cisco 2811 router. Im not sure why the Cisco branded flash retails at around 400 pounds, expensive to say the least! Can anyone recommend a non Cisco branded card that is compatible with and chea...

hi everyone, i am running ospf with area 0 and area 1. There is an ASBR in area 0 which is injecting 2 routes 40.0.0.0/8 and 30.0.0.0/8. Now i want to advertise only 40.0.0.0/8 in AREA 1. how can i do that ? i tried area 0 filter-list out but it filt...

Hi all,It may silly question to you but I want know that can we say E1 connection is a Leased line or is there any differenceWhat is the max speed of E1.advance thanksnaidu

Hi friends,There was a power down in the data center and after it was up, the status LED on the 720 sup showed the following:1. On the first 6513 switch, Port 2 UTP link led showed amber for both active and standby supervisors.Nothing was connected t...

our company just installed a new cisco 4506 with a sup4, and set up multiple vlans, with the vlans shown as a directly connected route now it will take several minutes to find a new item once placed on a network and using dhcp-helper command will now...

Resolved! passwords

How do I setup a password for router?What's different about secret enable? Will that allow me to login without username and use just a password?

I have 2 10meg EPL circuits, each one connected at layer2 to different 4k switch. Is is possible to wrap both of them in a etherchannel to get 20 meg circuit while they are on 2 different switches?

mlouis by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are evaluating an upgrade from the current 1Gb backbone to a 10Gbbackbone in a mixed manufacturer environment. This process will beginwith an upgrade to our existing 1Gb core switching platform. If we wereto install WS-X6708-10G-3CXL modules wit...

Our 4510 switch appears to have reloaded randomly twice in the past two weeks. It has caused a major disruption. When I look at a "sho ver" the output displays "last reset from reload". My question is does this mean someone had to issue a reload c...

mparella by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How can I remove Cisco's banner from 2811 router? banner login ^C ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) is installed on this device. This feature requires the one-time u...

Hello all,When issuing the sh log command, it usually gives me logs from june to present. It takes quite some time to go through them to reach the latest logs.Is there a method or command which allows me to display the logs for just today or for the...

danny9797 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have been getting alerts from some of our 4500 series switches which include some 4503 and 4506 switches.We are trying to understand why we get an alert from a switch that does not reside on the same domain and have different IP scopes. We are a s...