Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Can anyone tell me the options that are available in the 6500/sup720 for bridging vlans across layer 3 links. I have two 6500s connected across a L3 backbone and need to span a VLAN across.I know MPLS is one options but what are some of the other per...

jrhofman by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiOur network uses VLAN 2 for data and VLAN 700 for IPT. Anyway we use the NICE voice recording system to record telephone calls.We can record calls that are made by standard Cisco 7940 phones but we also use Cisco softphones that are installed on a ...

Hi all,Pls is it possible to know the amount of bandwidth going through each port on 2950 swicth?Can i also know the same i.e the amount of bandwidth going through a 6513 switch?please this is urgent....thanks

mychoice by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All, is it perfectly legit, to have a vlan 202 with an IP range of 10.3.11.x and a vlan 203 with an IP range of 10.3.10.x? does that work, does that still prevent broadcast traffic?

rwamstutz by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I can pass traffic thru the switches but when I'm logged into the switches on the console port, I can't ping anything, not even the default gateway. here's my config:version 12.2no service padservice timestamps debug datetime localtimeservice timest...

gflorescu by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco 3825 running advanced IP Services and the Version is 12.4(11t). The IPS is not working properly, someone recommend they upgrade to a later version.What damage can be done by upgrading to a later version?

I have a 3750 stack in one of my MDFs, this stack connects to 4 additional 3750 stacks via redundant fiber connections (2 connections to each IDF). I have bundled each of the fiber connections, but I just noticed that when I do a "show etherchannel ...

griffijo by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! trunk not working

Hi,I have an a simple configuration between two switches.An 2950 with IOS 12.1(20)EA1a connected in trunk to an 2960 with IOS 12.2(25r)SEE1.I have configured the same vtp domain name, I see from command "sh int status"that both port link are in trunk...

lformelli by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, If I have 2 sites both on a subnetted 10.x.x.x/24 network and I leave the auto summary command left on, will this not work as it thinks they both on the same network, will i need to use the no auto summarary command here ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card